Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was supposed to be back today. He started in the CL. I think Fergie kept him out because of his red card. **** that I say, you don't leave the best CB in the world in the stands against City.

I agree with Rio. He's still good, but he's lost his pace. I'd prefer Vidic Smalling in defense. Jones is quality, but still young and get s abit over eager when pushing up. We've really missed Vidic in defense. He just brings calmness to every situation.



Nah don't think so. United are just in a rut. They have quality players but are just playing poorly at the moment, no fire. They'll bounce back, just a matter of when.

Not to mention we've now played Pool, City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea. City have only played United. City will drop points, mark my words.

Hmmm, True. Vidic + Smalling might be a more stable combo than Vidic + Jones.

City haven't played any of the other big teams yet, as Stickfigure says somewhere along the line they will drop points. No team is unbeatable (as was proven today).

United will be back as well, don't count them out.

I just wish LFC would pull finger and start finishing off the chances they create!
 
city have demolished the spuds already. i think 4-0. the gooners they will beat easily, but against pool adn chelsea will be a challenge for them.
 
Hmmm, True. Vidic + Smalling might be a more stable combo than Vidic + Jones.

City haven't played any of the other big teams yet, as Stickfigure says somewhere along the line they will drop points. No team is unbeatable (as was proven today).

United will be back as well, don't count them out.

I just wish LFC would pull finger and start finishing off the chances they create!

Smalling has been rock solid, dare I say, more so than Vidic. SAF needs to take a long hard look at his line up decisions.

United had a few good chances today, but didn't finish. Lately they've been passing the ball too much. They get into the box and instead of shooting, they try and pass to yet another played.

Either way, United were playing well right up until Evans got himself sent off. Then when City broke against us, it was all over.

city have demolished the spuds already. i think 4-0. the gooners they will beat easily, but against pool adn chelsea will be a challenge for them.

Exactly. Wear and tear will play on them as well. At first I was hoping they'd get dumped outta the CL, but I hope they make it pretty far now.
 
On a scale of 1-6 how would u rate the utd - city game
c5abd013-6c4e-3c52.jpg


Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App
 
City fully deserved the win. Well done. Race for the title is still in United's hands. I have faith we will win that race.

Balotelli's first goal was awesome.
 
City fully deserved the win. Well done. Race for the title is still in United's hands. I have faith we will win that race.

Balotelli's first goal was awesome.

So was his celebration.

I wish they'd scrap that crazy rule of dishing out yellow for a player removing his shirt.

Only give him a yellow if he has something offensive/racist/whatever underneath.
 
1999-2000

Chelsea beat United 5-0. Guess who went on to win the title that year? Ever since, I get more afraid than happy when they take a beating.
So did Newcastle once. Was eight points clear only to choke at the final run in
 
Was there no soccer this weekend - international break...:D

We started of well with quite a bit of possession and attacked City all the time, just didnt score. Even when a goal down, i thought we would come back stronger and get 2 or 3 goals but i didnt ever think that what happened would of happened.

F***king disappointed but we we have had times like this before and come back (straight after the game, I was thinking of the Newcastle drumming at OT a few years back)

Amazing how the same joke is posted 50 times (coz nobody bothered to actually read any of the previous posts, they just came to gloat - after hearing the score on the news....)
 
I personally think you won't see Evans at United in the near future.

De Gea has had to make the most saves of any keeper in the league and in the first few games they allowed the most shots on goal. United defense is a bit dodgy at the moment in it was masked over by the fact that they looked so potent at the other end.

I will be honest. Seeing United get hammered at home did give me some degree of delight. :D
 
I personally think you won't see Evans at United in the near future.

De Gea has had to make the most saves of any keeper in the league and in the first few games they allowed the most shots on goal. United defense is a bit dodgy at the moment in it was masked over by the fact that they looked so potent at the other end.

I will be honest. Seeing United get hammered at home did give me some degree of delight. :D
We said that about Evans before and he stills manages to get into the side - even ahead of Vidic????? Maybe and hopefully this is the straw on the camels back..

Im sure it did and we have to take the stick we were giving out when we beat the Gunners...:D
 
so how does it feel to be raped like the gooners. at least the gooners palyed away, but utd was at home in front of their own supporters. the stadium was almost empty when the final whistle was blowed. what a shame to see that.
 
Alex Ferguson embarrassed himself big time today. Arent you supposed to play defensive football when you are going down 2 nil and a man down ? Fletcher was not supposed to even sit on the bench. Why Javier didn't start boggles my mind. Rio is too slow now and there are too many kids in the team. Rooney is being under used. I m not happy. Alex's brain no longer works the way it used to.
 
so how does it feel to be raped like the gooners. at least the gooners palyed away, but utd was at home in front of their own supporters. the stadium was almost empty when the final whistle was blowed. what a shame to see that.

To be fair, my mate that I was watching with (huge Man U fan) was saying that United would come back and win 4-3, 5-4, 6-5. Those are the true supporters :)

I never like seeing fans leaving the stadium early. Saw it at Wolves vs Swansea as well. Wolves 2-0 down in the 80th minute and the "fans" started streaming out of the stadium. Then wolves pulled 2 goals back. Those wolves "fans" must've felt like idiots.
 
Who knows... **** Kevin Davies, stupid ****.

I'd like to believe Cleverley is the solution to our problems but he isn't. Our defense has been horrible, and he doesn't defend.

Going with common sense, Cleverley will just make our situation worse :/


Nah this would be the ideal situation:

De Gea

Jones (RB)
Smalling (CB)
Vidic (CB)
Evra... not really I think Fabio will be a better fit as Evra is pushing way too high up and leaving the left side exposed. (not tracking back as much as he use to)
Nani/Valencia (RM) - Nani needs to wake the #$%^ up and cross better
Carrick (CDM)
Cleverley (CM)
Rooney (CAM)
Young (LM)
Hernandez (ST)
 
@Optajoe on twitter said:
18.7 - Man Utd have allowed the opposition more shots per game than any other PL side this season.

In comparison: Chelsea 10.1, City 10.7 and Arsenal 11.6.

Interesting stat.
 
Really? Really? The dude doesn't play in a big game, we get raped and you guys still can't see the importance of what he does?
I think it was more down to the 10 men (and then just dropping our heads after that second goal) than not having Carrick

We played well in the beginning but didnt get the goal/s - I think Vidic was missed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X