Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better. Scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. United played really well :)

My MOM is Carrick, can't remember the last time I saw him run his socks off like that!!
 
Much better. Scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. United played really well :)

My MOM is Carrick, can't remember the last time I saw him run his socks off like that!!

What? you gotta be ****ting me... United was found wanted on one too many occasion... additionally wtf are they thinking, they trying to walk into the goals???

**** Chico out looks like a broken ankle :( :( :(
 
What? you gotta be ****ting me... United was found wanted on one too many occasion... additionally wtf are they thinking, they trying to walk into the goals???

**** Chico out looks like a broken ankle :( :( :(

Last time I checked Barca walk the ball into the goal :p

But srsly we played well, can't deny it :)
 
FA Cup draw - 3rd round

Another derby...

Holders Manchester City have been handed an explosive derby clash with bitter rivals Manchester United in Sunday's draw for the FA Cup third round.

City defeated United 1-0 in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley en route to winning the competition last season and they will host Alex Ferguson's side at Eastlands over the weekend of January 7/8.
 
must say that Villa offered nothing on attack. they were piss poor. united won't get away that much against decent opposition, but got the points. thats all that matters to keep in touch with city.
 
Last time I checked Barca walk the ball into the goal :p

But srsly we played well, can't deny it :)

You mean Carrick and Vidic did well and the rest was average... Lindergarde can't kick to save his life, Evra got beating so many times it's becoming embarrassing for him to be on the pitch. Young, dunno wtf is up with him and his crosses ever since his England game his just getting worse, add Valencia piss poor crosses. Rooney trying his hardest as a CAM/CDM not working IMHO.

Jones in the midfield also didn't offer much creativity but thank goodness for his goal and his defending (still goes to sleep here and there)
 
Last edited:
United controlled the game well and had good possession. They just didn't really do anything with it. The players are still over thinking things, complicating things when they really shouldn't.

I do agree that Nani, Valencia and Young are all off form at the moment which sucks, as we can't really rely on our midfield to control the game.

However I'm much more confident with our defense now, especially with Vidic back. When he was out, I'd always get nervous when the opposing team were near/in the box.
 
However I'm much more confident with our defense now, especially with Vidic back. When he was out, I'd always get nervous when the opposing team were near/in the box.

vidic6c7xs.gif
 
So our form hasn't been great recently, we just need to push through a couple of goals in one game and I think things will fall into place. Hopefully this must win Champions League clash will provide a push to the team to play themselves back into form.

Pity Hernandez is out though, so the other players need to really step it up, in terms of finishing
 
Former Premier League footballer jailed

Former Manchester United and West Brom defensive midfielder Ronnie Wallwork was sentenced to 15 months in jail on Monday for selling on parts from stolen cars.

The 34-year-old — who who was fortunate to escape with his life when he was stabbed several times in a Manchester bar five years ago — pleaded guilty to three counts of handling stolen goods at an earlier hearing.

His illegal vehicle-breaking operation was discovered by police when they were investigating several unconnected armed robberies across Lancashire.

It emerged he had sold a Volkswagen Touran engine and parts from a BMW 318i on eBay, while he was observed driving a Mazda Furano into the scrapyard three days after it was stolen from a car dealer.

The three stolen vehicles he was linked to were worth more than £43,000 in total, the court heard.

Sentencing him, Judge Simon Newell said he could not agree with the defence barrister’s request to impose a suspended jail term.

He said: “These were high-value items that were stolen.

“It seems to me they were taken in a professional and sophisticated way. It also seems clear to me that they were taken to go into the black market either to be sold on or broken down and sold on.

“You provided the facility for that to happen. There was an element of organisation and sophistication in what went on.” Wallwork, who was capped four times at under-20 level, joined United as a trainee in 1993 but struggled to command a first team place and after several loan spells moved on a free transfer to West Brom in 2002.

Wallwork was the Baggies’ player of the year and helped keep West Brom in the Premiership in the 2004-2005 campaign, although they were relegated the following season.

He made 28 appearances for United between 1994 and 2002 and hit the headlines in 1999 while on loan at Belgian side Royal Antwerp.

Wallwork was handed a life ban in Belgium by the country’s football union for manhandling a referee, a sanction which was reduced on appeal to three years, two of them suspended.

He was reported to have grabbed referee Amand Ancion by the throat.


Thug.
 
Jones in the midfield also didn't offer much creativity but thank goodness for his goal and his defending (still goes to sleep here and there)

I don't think Jones was in the midfield for creativity, SAF put him there to protect the back 4. I am not a Man Utd fan but must say that SAF has got it right this year with his buys. I am impressed with both Smalling and Jones. I think they are both going to be England internationals for a long time to come.
 
I don't think Jones was in the midfield for creativity, SAF put him there to protect the back 4. I am not a Man Utd fan but must say that SAF has got it right this year with his buys. I am impressed with both Smalling and Jones. I think they are both going to be England internationals for a long time to come.

lmao that's what Carrick is for... why would SAF have both Carrick and Jones playing in CDM?
 
I know thats what they think he is but he isnt any good at it - can hardly even run or tackle and other MF's just breeze past him

Which isn't true. He's not only a DM, he's one of the better ones in the League. His stats are better than de Jong's and almost as good as Lucas.
 
lmao that's what Carrick is for... why would SAF have both Carrick and Jones playing in CDM?

To me Carrick is not really a defensive midfielder. I think he sits back a bit because he is afraid of exposing his defence but with jones playing in that position it will give Carrick a little bit more confidence to venture forward.

To me Carrick has a little bit more agility and flair to get risky passes off. he can only do those little balls through to the strikers if he is close enough to them. I would not be surprised to see SAF turning Jones from a CD into a DM player. He has the attributes for it (In my opinion).
 
Which isn't true. He's not only a DM, he's one of the better ones in the League. His stats are better than de Jong's and almost as good as Lucas.
I just dont see it - maybe I'm just to use to Keano
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X