Official PS3 Discussion/News Thread - No bashing!!

Hey everyone, its my first time on this forum and i hear there is a new firmware update for the ps3 v2.80. Are there any links where i can download the patch via local servers?

Thanks
 
Noob question, once downloaded and saved to flash disk....how do I install it? Is there an option in the PS3 settings screen to load the update? Im currently on 2.60...so recon I should go up to 2.80
 
create a folder on your flashdisk > PS3 > UPDATE > save the file here, then run update on PS3, and choose update via flash disk...should run
 
Last edited:
Yep, Im there.

On the PS3 update, did that and inserted flash drive. Went to system update and it didnt find the flash disk? Is it due to the flash disk being of a certain make that it doesnt find it? Its a Verbatim 1GB?
 
Yep, Im there.

On the PS3 update, did that and inserted flash drive. Went to system update and it didnt find the flash disk? Is it due to the flash disk being of a certain make that it doesnt find it? Its a Verbatim 1GB?

Have you named the folders in CAPS? they are case sensitive.
I done my update with a verbatim flash drive so yours should work
 
Yeah. Exactly as said....there are other folders and files though. Also...have heard PS3 only accepts Fat32....not sure what the flash disk is formatted as. Might be NTFS....think I need to format is with Fat32....then copy the files back on?
 
Yeah. Exactly as said....there are other folders and files though. Also...have heard PS3 only accepts Fat32....not sure what the flash disk is formatted as. Might be NTFS....think I need to format is with Fat32....then copy the files back on?

Yup it won't pick up unless Fat32 so format and redo the procedure
 
To anyone who's on the fence on whether to DL Shatter from PSN (released last night), don't. It's an awesome game, and at R55.00 it's a steal. Highly recommended.
 
To anyone who's on the fence on whether to DL Shatter from PSN (released last night), don't. It's an awesome game, and at R55.00 it's a steal. Highly recommended.

Me wants it, that and the Fury expansion for WipeoutHD.
Just need a new hard drive first
 
Almost full :(
Don't like deleting stuff so I need a bigger one for piece of mind

How are you doing the backup? Using a portable hard drive? I've seen people having problems with them if they have a fat32 partition and ntfs partition as well.
 
Cape Town - Canal Walk - new Musica Megastore opening special:

80Gig PS3, with 1x dual shock controller, 1 x game = R4600
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X