Official Super Rugby 2014 Thread

Know it is not SuperRugby related but not going to open a new thread just for this.

If any of you watched the Affies vs Grey school rugby game. There was a massive clash of heads between the Affies fly half and Grey full back. The Grey player was a bloody mess and was stretchered from the field.

This is why. Split lip, concussion and broken jaw.

OUCH!!

1400391331483.jpg
 
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Deysel-forgiven-for-stomp-20140519

Taufua, who was lying on the ground, had held Deysel back before the latter retaliated in frustration.

Taufua, in an interview with the Stuff.co.nz website, said he had forgiven Deysel after the Sharks flank had come up to him and apologised at the end of the game.

"I just told him ‘no hard feelings mate, it's a contact sport'," said Taufua.

That's because your actions provoked it, you goat-fücking pig. I was wrong earlier when I said Deysel had trampled on my SuperBru. Turns out he just trampled on your ugly mug, probably making a major improvement, for which you should not be "forgiving" him but thanking him.
 
Calm down, Greg. And you can stop pretending the SA teams don't also do it. They all do. Jannie did it a couple of times himself, as he does in every game.

You'll be pleased to know that Andew Mehrtens agrees with you, as do the NZ commenters on the original article. :p

:D I am calm. I know we do it - and WE get punished. They do it? We still get punished.
 
Deysel definitely deserves some sort of ban but I hope it isn't too long because of the provacation.

I'm also kind of glad that it did happen because now people are talking about off the ball stuff and hopefully the IRB will finally do something about it.
 
Deysel definitely deserves some sort of ban but I hope it isn't too long because of the provacation.

I'm also kind of glad that it did happen because now people are talking about off the ball stuff and hopefully the IRB will finally do something about it.

That should have been a yellow card I reckon, secondly he's almost had a one game ban already being off for most of the game with no allowed substitute.

It's fine to punish deysel but then they should also punish the off the ball player that held onto his leg provoking the retaliation. He is also in contravention of the rules.
 
The second yellow was a lot more questionable than Deysel's red.
 
Deysel definitely deserves some sort of ban but I hope it isn't too long because of the provacation.

I'm also kind of glad that it did happen because now people are talking about off the ball stuff and hopefully the IRB will finally do something about it.

You reckon? I reckon the Saders player made a meal of it!!

The camera man cuts to him quite soon after the incident and he's holding his chin with his hand on the right hand side of his face and only his thumb on the side on which he was "rucked"!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X