Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

THis phone does make you a Flash a Holic :( i always want to try something else :P

Hence my sig on xda from my device.

Sent from my Theme Whore i9000!

Tired of flashing kernels - still playing around with modems.
Though, my next theme is gonna be that Steel Blue or something or other.
Fsck I'm still drunkq2
 
ive done it all :P even had to flash backwards through odin a few times, due to some screw ups :)

but its all in the fun
 
JS8 now available in the ROM Kitchen.

Though I don't think I'm going to bother at the moment.
JS7 has not really given me any issues that I can think of.
Likely be staying on this still GB gets out in a few months or move along at a later stage if my current setup starts cocking about.
 
I am still on Darky 9.1. I think I will only flash again when gingerbread is stable.
 
Sounds like you have a faulty SD card. If you are not running any strange file systems and are careful about how you turn your phone off, then this is the most likely scenario. I would take it in to a samsung service centre for checking.

It could also be your music software of course. Are you running the stock music software or are you using something from the market. Doest it frequently / ever force close?

<EDIT>

Also, is it the SD card that came with the phone, or is it another one you installed yourself? If so, what make, size and model number is it?

<EDIT 2>
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/265065-sd-cards-compatible-samsung-galaxy-s.html

Hey thanks for the reply, it's still the same one i got with the phone ( Sandisk 8gig - 10321067560MB) and i have the same player the phone came out with. The player also have never force closed before on me. I will see what happens and maybe try my other micro SD i have, thanks.
 
Darky 9.4 with js8 to be released soon. Can't wait !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
Nice, i switched to Voodoo as per your suggestion, did make a slight difference in performance. Better quadrant +-1550 and overall smoother ;)

Bring on 9.4 :D
 
Okay, I am looking for an app that can control my whole wireless network. I know of iMediaShare, but it only streams from the phone to my PS3. I want my phone to be able to tell my ps3 to get stuff from my pc and play that.

Does anyone know if it is possible.

Think you can try Skifta, it's the best app to use if the PS3 is a DLNA device and you have XBMC on your PC.
 
Think you can try Skifta, it's the best app to use if the PS3 is a DLNA device and you have XBMC on your PC.

Thanks, will check it out. Have it on my phone, but I still have to install the stuff on my PC.
 
So whats it like, busy downloading...

I am also quite curious about the opinions of those using it. Also in process of downloading it seen as v9.3 just wasn't working so well for me. I am interested how people are reporting 3.5days battery life with heavy use though. Seems a bit far fetched.
 
Define "heavy" is what you have to ask ;). I can't even get a day out of mine.

Exactly!! Struggle with half a day with very heavy usage. I can get through a day but not a chance I cannot go without charging it that evening. See the details listed below of Darky's v9.4. that I copied.

Darky's v9.4 Extreme Edition


>> This is an evolution of v9.3 Extreme Edition.
>> The main goal is more stability and a faster system.
>> Refinements where possible.


Download
http://www.multiupload.com/FEPWSRSGGG


Changelog

Based on latest XWJS8
Faster UI, smoother experience.

Introducing Dark Voodoo Kernel
- Made by ficeto [Team Darky Dev]
- Based on Voodoo 5.5 [by supercurio]
- Voodoo Sound 5.5
- Usual Tweaks and Hacks like BLN etc.
- Rewritten Recovery [mount scripts, other more reliable scripts, new graphics, new UI]
- Reported very good battery life [3.5 days with heavy use]
- Speed of Voodoo, means: blazing speed

Included my RAM Hack Script [more free RAM and less lags]
Dozens of my new build.prop scripts [faster, more stable, better]
Reworked zipalign binary and scripts [faster startup, apps use less RAM // thanks Bo$s]
Cleanued up /system [sysctl etc.]
4 completely new Ringtones / Alarm Sounds and 1 new SMS sound [I spent more hours on those than on the ROM]
Speed Improvements for internal & external SD-Card // up to 1.5x speed [faster mediascanner etc. // thanks ickyboo]
Fixed Bluetooth A2DP Connectivity [thanks ickyboo and spoidar@xda]
New Bootanimation by Goldieking [best he has done so far! you'll be impressed...]
New HQ 960 x 800 Wallpapers I've custom collected
Disabled increasing ringtone [like it was in v9.2]
Changed call connect / disconnect sounds [Samsung default now]
Updated update-script
Implemented FuguTweaks for more speed [Gingerbread 2.3.3 smoothness]
 
10.0 is in beta and is gingerbread. I will hold out for that.

Why hold out? Just upgrade as the new version becomes stable. It is easy enough (this coming from a man that was utterly nervous of messing up and destroying his toy).
 
Why hold out? Just upgrade as the new version becomes stable. It is easy enough (this coming from a man that was utterly nervous of messing up and destroying his toy).


I am on 9.2 and it really work well for me. I get 3 days if I don't use bluetooth or wi-fi, but browse a few pages a day on 3G. This is the first rom I got that much battery life from.
 
I am on 9.2 and it really work well for me. I get 3 days if I don't use bluetooth or wi-fi, but browse a few pages a day on 3G. This is the first rom I got that much battery life from.

I honestly have no idea how you guys are getting more than a day of usage out of one charge.
 
I honestly have no idea how you guys are getting more than a day of usage out of one charge.

If you don't use it, it can last quite long. The thing is once you use it it charges down quite quickly. I really don't mind though, because I can charge it while in office or while sleeping. No biggie for me.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X