Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Monkey101

Expert Member
Well if anyone can give me any feedback on being able to send or receive mms's i would appreciate it.

EddG

Can i Use a European firmware or must i choose a African one?

Tim182

Expert Member
Well if anyone can give me any feedback on being able to send or receive mms's i would appreciate it.

Go onto your provider's website and get the settings for the Samsung Galaxy S and enter them manually. If they are not online, have a a look for HTC Desire ones, they are the same. All providers have these online except Virgin, those I can help you with but don't think you are on that?

Monkey101

Expert Member
Go onto your provider's website and get the settings for the Samsung Galaxy S and enter them manually. If they are not online, have a a look for HTC Desire ones, they are the same. All providers have these online except Virgin, those I can help you with but don't think you are on that?

Nah, i am with Vodacom.
I have all the settings in correctly but it just refuses to download or send the messages.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Anyone else having trouble with KIES? I installed the one on the disc, connected the phone and it seemed to work. Checked for firmware upgrade, which wasn't available (obviously). KIES found an update for itself, installed it and since then I can't connect my phone anymore. Keep on getting an exception when it tries to discover the phone. I can recognize it as a VC++ exception shown through a MessageBox, but it doesn't help me much... :D

diegoa

Expert Member
I got a friend deciding between HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S, trying to work out which is the better :eek:

I have a Omnia 2 at moment which came with a nice leather cover, does the Galaxy S have something similar?

Last edited:

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
I got a friend deciding between HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S, trying to work out which is the better :eek:

I have a Omnia 2 at moment which came with a nice leather cover, does the Galaxy S have something similar?

I saw a video where they benched quake2 on these 2 phones and the Galaxy was way faster than the Deisre. :) Video was on www.phonearena.com - obviously on youtube.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
I saw a video where they benched quake2 on these 2 phones and the Galaxy was way faster than the Deisre. :) Video was on www.phonearena.com - obviously on youtube.

They did the same with Quake 3... The thing is, the Hummingbird processor is faster on the GPU front (around 4 times faster, I believe) when compared to the Snapdragon processors used in the Desire, even though both are rated at 1GHz. When you factor in the (slightly bigger) Super AMOLED screen and much lower price of the SGS compared to the Desire, the answer really is quite clear...

GSM Arena also recently did an iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S review, in which the Samsung trumped the iPhone on almost all accounts (bar design and apps)... Makes you think. ;)