Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Still nutting from MTN??
Cant wait any longer, where can I get one without branding and unlocked/open within a day?

bar1

Expert Member
come on MTN....Hemi, keep us updated if you hear anything!

mfumbesi

Expert Member
They did the same with Quake 3... The thing is, the Hummingbird processor is faster on the GPU front (around 4 times faster, I believe) when compared to the Snapdragon processors used in the Desire, even though both are rated at 1GHz. When you factor in the (slightly bigger) Super AMOLED screen and much lower price of the SGS compared to the Desire, the answer really is quite clear...

I'm also in the same boat (deciding on Desire or Galaxy S). I've been kind of swayed by the price, the Galaxy S is turning out to be cheaper (who would have thought!!).
I'm busy counting the loose change on my piggie bank, I'll probably pull the trigger today or tomorrow.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
WTF MTN sux when it comes to new phones look at how long it's tanken for:
X6/N900 and they signed a kiss kiss deal with Nokia
iPhone 3
and the list continues............

Maybe the head of the MTN procurement should be kicked out just like the other Corporates and Parastatals due to sitting on their big fat butt absorbing a huge income and backhands whilst doing squat???

I swear if it wasn't for the reasonable price I would switch to another SP.

Common YOU BIG TVVAT MOVE YOUR Window dressing butt.........

bar1

Expert Member
WTF MTN sux when it comes to new phones look at how long it's tanken for:
X6/N900 and they signed a kiss kiss deal with Nokia
iPhone 3
and the list continues............

Maybe the head of the MTN procurement should be kicked out just like the other Corporates and Parastatals due to sitting on their big fat butt absorbing a huge income and backhands whilst doing squat???

I swear if it wasn't for the reasonable price I would switch to another SP.

Common YOU BIG TVVAT MOVE YOUR Window dressing butt.........

MTN had the samsung Omnia first.

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
I'm also in the same boat (deciding on Desire or Galaxy S). I've been kind of swayed by the price, the Galaxy S is turning out to be cheaper (who would have thought!!).
I'm busy counting the loose change on my piggie bank, I'll probably pull the trigger today or tomorrow.

Well, good luck then... The plunge is awesome! :D After weighing everything up 2 months ago I decided to wait for the Galaxy S. All I can say is the wait was worthwhile!