Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

I had the same problem, everybody on the net says empty your cache of Market place and some other apps, etc. I clean the cache, but the problem did not go away. I eventually found this, which worked for me,

"...There seems to be a link between GTalk and the Market that prevents some downloads from taking place. When a user is not logged in to GTalk, he or she may experience some issues with downloading apps from the Android Market. The solution is thus to log-in to GTalk and hope that the download progress bar will finally start moving. A Google employee reports that this is a “temporary connectivity issue” but it happens to me on a regular basis and annoyed the heck out of me for weeks..."

http://androinica.com/2010/03/01/tips-android-phone-wont-download-apps-log-in-to-google-talk/

u r not serious? really? must try that. thx

edit. nope. not working.
 
Last edited:
u r not serious? really? must try that. thx

edit. nope. not working.

It's a real pain this problem. Maybe try this,

Step 1. Go to your settings
Step 2. Select “Applications”
Step 3. Select “Manage Applications”
Step 4. Press left menu and select “filter” then “All”
Step 5. Most important
Go and scroll down to following applications and then clean the data

a) Go to “Checkin Service” then select “clear data”
b) Go to “Download Manager” then select “clear data”
c) Go to “Google Apps” then “clear data”
d) Go to “Google Talk Service” then select “clear data”
e) Go to ” Market” then select “clear cache”

Try again, hope it helps.

Edit: I don't know why you need to clear all these applications data, but that is what I found on the internet. This worked for some people. (Not for me, the logging into Gtalk worked for me)
 
Last edited:
It's a real pain this problem. Maybe try this,

Step 1. Go to your settings
Step 2. Select “Applications”
Step 3. Select “Manage Applications”
Step 4. Press left menu and select “filter” then “All”
Step 5. Most important
Go and scroll down to following applications and then clean the data

a) Go to “Checkin Service” then select “clear data”
b) Go to “Download Manager” then select “clear data”
c) Go to “Google Apps” then “clear data”
d) Go to “Google Talk Service” then select “clear data”
e) Go to ” Market” then select “clear cache”

Try again, hope it helps.

Edit: I don't know why you need to clear all these applications data, but that is what I found on the internet. This worked for some people. (Not for me, the logging into Gtalk worked for me)

thx for taking the time to help. will give it a try later. cheers
 
Could someone please post the CellC internet and mms settings (what you have in the apn). Since I loaded 2.2, I have no internet and no mms functions. ;(

I did create a new apn CellC with internet as the apn and internet work, but no mms.
 
How does one delete a ringtone? I added an mp3 as a ringtone, but now I would like to remove it from the ringtone list. It's easy to add, but there is no option to remove it.
 
How does one delete a ringtone? I added an mp3 as a ringtone, but now I would like to remove it from the ringtone list. It's easy to add, but there is no option to remove it.

On your sd card there is a folder called media, your ring tone should be stored there. Simply delete it through the file manager
 
I love Samsung Galaxy S (I9000). I think it is beating off iPhone 4. Android is much streetwise, iPhone is asking too much on app.
 
On your sd card there is a folder called media, your ring tone should be stored there. Simply delete it through the file manager

I used ES File Explorer and I do not see a folder called 'media' under /sdcard.
 
A quick google search comes up with this....see if it works..

Name MMS
APN mms
Proxy 196.31.116.250
Port 920
Username
Password
Server
MMSC http://mms.cmobile.co.za
MMS Proxy 196.31.116.250
MMS port 920
MCC 655
MNC 10
APN Type mms

Tim182, don't you know what the mms settings for CellC is?



Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
I downloaded a cracked app that would normally cost like 10 bucks. but then I felt super guilty and deleted it, lol.
 
A quick google search comes up with this....see if it works..

Name MMS
APN mms
Proxy 196.31.116.250
Port 920
Username
Password
Server
MMSC http://mms.cmobile.co.za
MMS Proxy 196.31.116.250
MMS port 920
MCC 655
MNC 10
APN Type mms

FFS, I create the apn and when I save it, it doesn't show. Created it again, same thing. :(

Thanx for the info though. Guess I will have to live without it. MMSe doesn't even download when connected to the wireless.

Edit: Sound like I have an iphone. ;)
 
It's a real pain this problem. Maybe try this,

Step 1. Go to your settings
Step 2. Select “Applications”
Step 3. Select “Manage Applications”
Step 4. Press left menu and select “filter” then “All”
Step 5. Most important
Go and scroll down to following applications and then clean the data

a) Go to “Checkin Service” then select “clear data”
b) Go to “Download Manager” then select “clear data”
c) Go to “Google Apps” then “clear data”
d) Go to “Google Talk Service” then select “clear data”
e) Go to ” Market” then select “clear cache”

Try again, hope it helps.

Edit: I don't know why you need to clear all these applications data, but that is what I found on the internet. This worked for some people. (Not for me, the logging into Gtalk worked for me)

hey man, this worked. a big thumbs up for the help!
 
FFS, I create the apn and when I save it, it doesn't show. Created it again, same thing. :(

Thanx for the info though. Guess I will have to live without it. MMSe doesn't even download when connected to the wireless.

Edit: Sound like I have an iphone. ;)

Restart your phone and try again. I've had that problem before. Are you using APNdroid or some similar app to turn off your network connection? If so turn your internet back on so you can add the APN.
 
Restart your phone and try again. I've had that problem before. Are you using APNdroid or some similar app to turn off your network connection? If so turn your internet back on so you can add the APN.

No, I am not, but will try the restart thing. :)

Edit: Same thing, if I only start the setup of a new apn and only enter the first 2 fields, it stays, but as soon as I enter the rest and save, it disappears. I downloaded APNdroid as well, but it doesn't seem to have an option to edit the apns, only to enable/disable them.
 
Last edited:
Alright - flashed a new custom ROM to my phone, based on JP6. Must say it was much easier than I thought it would be and was done within 30 minutes with no hiccups whatsoever!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X