Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Hi,

Is it possible to get Cell Info/Broadcast to display on this phone?

The Android Apps that I found only display the Cell ID.

W.

You have to change your network settings to GSM only in order to receive CB messages.
 
This is the quickest way, but in my case, I have contacts on my outlook that I don't want on my phone...

In your Outlook create another Contacts folder, for example Contacts_onPC, move all current contacts over to this newly created contacts folder. Sync your Nokia with outlook, it will go into your default contacts folder (which you just cleaned up). Sync it with your Samung via Kies. Go back to Outlook delete your contacts from the original contacts folder, move your contacts back from Contacts_onPC.
 
In your Outlook create another Contacts folder, for example Contacts_onPC, move all current contacts over to this newly created contacts folder. Sync your Nokia with outlook, it will go into your default contacts folder (which you just cleaned up). Sync it with your Samung via Kies. Go back to Outlook delete your contacts from the original contacts folder, move your contacts back from Contacts_onPC.

Thanx, never thought of that, but I keep all my contacts on my sim anyway. ;)

I am trying now, since I have my SGS, to move all my contact to the phone, which I could do, but there is no way to select all the contact on the sim card and delete them. I want to take a phone of all the people in my contacts and add the photo to the contact.
 
Thx 4 the help guys. I had to make a plan so i exported contacts from outlook to a csv. Then imported to gmail. The sgs updated my 1000 contacts automatically. I was on my wifi at the time:-)
 
Noooo the thread is dying. In an attempt to save it i'll ask a question. Does anyone know of any software that allows you to reject/silence an incomong call by simply turning your phone over??

Anyone found an app that does this??
 
If i want to try the voodoo lagfix/ colour enhancements do i forst need to unistall the ryanza lagfix and then install the voodoo fix?
 
I might check that one out. but which one to go for? theres a few links, I want to get the superlite version

I'm using superlite I9000XWJM9, with no voodoo or ryan. and its fast but there is a OverClock Kernel /w Voodoo (optional)
 
Last edited:
I'm using superlite I9000XWJM9, with no voodoo or ryan. and its fast but there is a OverClock Kernel /w Voodoo (optional)

Oh right. I see the XXJPM came with the universal lag fix i believe. I just prefer running the Voodoo fix. Less Quadrant score but much better everyday performance.
 
My first post with the new android app. Nice

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
My first post with the new android app. Nice

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

You'll see lots more reading the forums from now on - posts are starting to get littered with "Sent from my [Android Device] using MyBroadband Android App" :p
 
Everyday I love this phone more and more

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Just got myn today.. orange branded...

Flashed JM1 on it.. So far so good :)
 
I'm using superlite I9000XWJM9, with no voodoo or ryan. and its fast but there is a OverClock Kernel /w Voodoo (optional)

Might be a stoopid Q, but what is the difference between I9000XWJM9 and I9000TDOJJ1? :o

Edit: I am going to give this one a try. :)
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X