Official Thread: Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

Cool. Im busy installing the adb tools

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
where can I download adb?

Managed to get back to stock kernel now from the voodoo666. just want to try a couple more times to make sure.

edit

ive got that. Just need to install.


Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

okay if you gonna install, after its installed run the sdk-manager. Then sorry can't remember exactly now, but you must select sdk-tools under available package and update that. Can't remember the download size but took me quite a while when i downloaded that. Or otherwise if you are low on bandwith just wait bit more. Sorry
 
Managed to get back to stock kernel now from the voodoo666. just want to try a couple more times to make sure.

edit



okay if you gonna install, after its installed run the sdk-manager. Then sorry can't remember exactly now, but you must select sdk-tools under available package and update that. Can't remember the download size but took me quite a while when i downloaded that. Or otherwise if you are low on bandwith just wait bit more. Sorry

Ive got uncapped. So it can download as much as it wants

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Ive got uncapped. So it can download as much as it wants

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

oky. what did you say were the symptoms when you flashed the kernel with sgs kernel flasher. Stuck on a screen? Phone rebooting? Vibrating?
 
Just shows the white writing when you switch on and reboots and reboots and so on. No vibrating.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Just shows the white writing when you switch on and reboots and reboots and so on. No vibrating.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Sorry if you just please confirm that when you boot into recovery mode with voodoo666 installed under voodoo lagfix. At the bottom is say Voodoo lagfix is actually : Disable. Next Boot : Disabled. /system lagfix conversion : no. Debug mode : no

Why I am asking is when i tried it the first time, I selected to disable all the lagfixes. But it never actually did one of them. And thats when I got stuck Samsung Gt-9000 logo on the screen. With it disabled I have no problem flashing the kernel with sgs kernel flasher. But if Voodo lagfix is enabled or /system lagfix conversion is on. then i always get stuck at booting. SO if you can just double double check please
 
Sorry if you just please confirm that when you boot into recovery mode with voodoo666 installed under voodoo lagfix. At the bottom is say Voodoo lagfix is actually : Disable. Next Boot : Disabled. /system lagfix conversion : no. Debug mode : no

Why I am asking is when i tried it the first time, I selected to disable all the lagfixes. But it never actually did one of them. And thats when I got stuck Samsung Gt-9000 logo on the screen. With it disabled I have no problem flashing the kernel with sgs kernel flasher. But if Voodo lagfix is enabled or /system lagfix conversion is on. then i always get stuck at booting. SO if you can just double double check please

eish i loaded voodoo but did not enable lagfix but no I feel stupid because it was enabled Automatically. **** sorry dude. i wasted your time by not checking i'm sorry
 
Now... How do I unroot? I take that your phone was rooted when you made a backup of your kernel. Cause now superuser will be there even if i do a factory reset?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
eish i loaded voodoo but did not enable lagfix but no I feel stupid because it was enabled Automatically. **** sorry dude. i wasted your time by not checking i'm sorry

Hahaha no problem just check if its working now. If it works I accept apologies in Beer:D. You should be able to flash that file with odin as well. if not here is another one. will work in Kernel changer and Odin (1st one is also supposed to work with both)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21778065/kernel.tar.md5
 
Now... How do I unroot? I take that your phone was rooted when you made a backup of your kernel. Cause now superuser will be there even if i do a factory reset?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Rooted or just the superuser icon?
 
eish i loaded voodoo but did not enable lagfix but no I feel stupid because it was enabled Automatically. **** sorry dude. i wasted your time by not checking i'm sorry

LOL, I was going to ask if you had switched off lag-fix, but thought it was a silly question. Kewl!
 
LOL, I was going to ask if you had switched off lag-fix, but thought it was a silly question. Kewl!

Never a silly question, sometimes you forget you installed it. Or Like with voodoo it auto enables with 1st boot. Or like when I tried it the first time, it just didn't want to disable.
 
Sweet. Thanks. You helped me alot today and ive learnt alot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

No problem. As long as everything is still working. Think my phone will self destruct if I just think about flashing another kernel today.

Edit

And at least now I also know that it works on other phones and not just my own.
 
No problem. As long as everything is still working. Think my phone will self destruct if I just think about flashing another kernel today.

Edit

And at least now I also know that it works on other phones and not just my own.

Well everything is working like a charm. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X