Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Rohan

Was having this issue earlier this week on the 400GB account ,2Mbps on a 10Mbps VDSL line. Using our Telkom uncapped account and no issues now.

Best open a support ticket with them and follow up daily with the first ticket number you receive.
Yeah, now it's down to 0.1MB/s. If I switch to my normal fatpipe account it jumps back up to 2.2MB/s

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Yeah, now it's down to 0.1MB/s. If I switch to my normal fatpipe account it jumps back up to 2.2MB/s
Mine was perfectly fine an hour ago now both accounts are barely moving.

I can't even open the Vox website for support.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
My normal account just started slowing down as well. Something is definitely going on.
My account speed is fast again but it feels slow because if I do a tracert my ping from the 3rd hop is doubled and it has packet loss randomly.

Edit: Ping is normal again and no packet loss anymore, touch wood, it looks fixed.

Edit 2: Slow again.

Last edited:

Rohan

My account speed is fast again but it feels slow because if I do a tracert my ping from the 3rd hop is doubled and it has packet loss randomly.

Edit: Ping is normal again and no packet loss anymore, touch wood, it looks fixed.

Edit 2: Slow again.
Slow again this morning and also getting disconnected(line stays synced at 20m)

plugger123

Well, this is only a post to complain that international connectivity on VOX is absolutely SH**TE ,... :( :( :(

What is even more irritating is that I'm using a fatpipe capped account... :( :( :(

Totempole

Expert Member
Downloads on Vox extremely slow. Downloading the latest Windows 10 ISO at 60KB/s on my 20 Mb line. Downloading at 2.3MB/s over Afrihost.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Gone to **** after 12 yes. Finally cable issues? Been unaffected till now.

Local seems ok. International in its moer.

caroper

Executive Member
Also bad here some downloads jump between estimated time of 5 min and 6 Hours with an average tome of 2 Hours. The downloads finished eventually but if you need a file in a hurry use a different ISP for now.
This has been going on for several days intermittently.

caroper

Executive Member
It is not just VOX.

I switched to my Telkom account and a 1.3GB file has an estimate download time of 2 Days.
DSTv is streaming fine on VOX and Telkom so definitely confined to International links.

caroper

Executive Member
Afrihost have the most detailed reports so I am posting them here.

Please note users on the Afrihost network will experience slow access/Intermittent access to international sites. Our Engineers are investigating urgently.

21:16, 16 JAN 2020
Our upstream providers confirm that faults on 2 major undersea cables have affected international speeds and latency. Our providers are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, however there is currently no ETR (Estimated Time for Resolution). Our network engineers are also doing everything possible to minimise the impact to clients. We sincerely thank affected clients for their patience and understanding as this issue is addressed.

06:36, 17 JAN 2020
Engineers have ascertained that the SAT3/WACS break is in the Libreville, Gabon, Vicinity and the WACS cable break has been isolated to the Congo between two repeater sites. Further tests are being conducted by the upstream provider along with the cable consortium's.

13:47, 19 JAN 2020
Our upstream providers report that adverse weather in the Western Cape has delayed the departure of the ship to effect repairs to international undersea cables. We currently do not have an ETR for final repairs to be completed.

To recap, both primary and secondary cables failed within a day of each other. We are currently using an alternate transit route, which does not have sufficient capacity to accommodate all the traffic which has been rerouted to it. In the interim, our network management team have worked tirelessly to provide clients with the best experience possible.

Services like twitter and online gaming have been optimised for best performance under the circumstances. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, and we are grateful for our client’s patience and understanding.

Original source: https://www.afrihost.com/site/network_status

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
LOL, I see I am still subscribed on this thread - honestly don't miss my Vox Flatpipe after getting 100mbps fibre last year.

Blueice55

Been having bad latency on international servers for gaming over the past few weeks with Vox, anybody else?

Sl8er

Executive Member
So I've been having this problem since the beginning of the month/year:

I have a 200GB FatPipe account.
I opened a new account for the 1TB BF special.

I'm not using the 200GB account -so that it can build up. When I'm done with the 1TB account, I'll have 1.2TB built up in the 200GB because of the rollover data.

The problem:
They're deducting the data from the 200GB FatPipe account, while I'm signed into and using the 1TB BF Special account.

I emailed them 11 fcking days ago.
(I've been emailing them every other day...to date I've received 1 email reply from them...1!)

JFC, their support is SO bad -easily among the worst of all the ISP's.
I have a feeling that I'll be ditching them this year sometime :mad:

UPDATE EDIT: Problem resolved! (Turns out I was partly to blame with this whole clusterfck. :X3: Now I'm cool with recommending Vox again :ROFL: )

Last edited:

Conack

Expert Member
I emailed them to request a refund for the months they offered unusable internet.

That was weeks ago. Nothing from them..

Totempole

Expert Member
So I've been having this problem since the beginning of the month/year:

I have a 200GB FatPipe account.
I opened a new account for the 1TB BF special.

I'm not using the 200GB account -so that it can build up. When I'm done with the 1TB account, I'll have 1.2TB built up in the 200GB because of the rollover data.

The problem:
They're deducting the data from the 200GB FatPipe account, while I'm signed into and using the 1TB BF Special account.

I emailed them 11 fcking days ago.
(I've been emailing them every other day...to date I've received 1 email reply from them...1!)

JCF, their support is SO bad -easily among the worst of all the ISP's.
I have a feeling that I'll be ditching them this year sometime :mad:
Same thing happened to me, but I cancelled mine as of 31 December only using the BF data now.

I'm guessing they had an annual increase on the 200GB for January? What are they charging you now?

Sl8er

Executive Member
Same thing happened to me, but I cancelled mine as of 31 December only using the BF data now.
Sons of bitches!

I'm guessing they had an annual increase on the 200GB for January? What are they charging you now?
Not that I know of -well, not yet, at least.
Jan-Feb 2020 = R172.51