Official Vox DSL feedback thread

greg_SA

Expert Member
Yeah. I'm also considering leaving Vox but for other performance reasons as well. The account is crazy good value for what I'm getting (I'm running in on Openserve FTTH with a promotional account from 2015) but still sometimes I still have issues with international sites during peak times.
Yep, I am also using Vox data with Openserve FTTH... Great value.
I spoke to a Vox tech last night, and he confirmed that the issue I experience is international congestion during peak times. He said they are busy with plans to increase the international bandwidth, but it will take some time.

Charly

Yep, I am also using Vox data with Openserve FTTH... Great value.
I spoke to a Vox tech last night, and he confirmed that the issue I experience is international congestion during peak times. He said they are busy with plans to increase the international bandwidth, but it will take some time.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I really hope that happens and it's also applied to my promotional account.

I assumed and accepted that one of the ways they manage to keep the accounts so cheap is because of the restrictions on international performance.

It's surprising how little of the data even needs to leave the country. And then big providers like AWS and Google have their own CDN backhaul for data which doesn't come locally.

Convex

Same thing happening again, looks like its every fortnight this comes round.

Totempole

Expert Member
Does anyone else using VDSL have trouble breaking 6000kbps when watching Twitch streams?

My connection can handle 720p60 in low latency mode fine, but I can't seem to get enough throughput for 1080p.

My brother's 10Mb Fibre connection handles 1080p60 perfectly.

Sidious28

So anyone else unable to authenticate to vox as well as being unable to load their site? Cape Town here.

Last edited:

Totempole

Expert Member
Anyone else having issues with Vox on DSL? My account won't authenticate, but my AH free 1GB works fine.

Vox site appears down as well.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Why they require proof of residence and a copy of your ID on an existing account is beyond me.