Official Vox DSL feedback thread

i.got~issues

Expert Member
Hmmm ... cannot authenticate ... seems as if not a VOX issue according to support ... Telkom looking into it... anyone else on ADSL with VOX having issues?

i.got~issues

Expert Member
There is an automated message on Telkom fault report number about "general fault in my area that may impact services" and that is all ... Telkom support seem unable to grasp that ADSL is not fibre and have now bounced me to the fibre and "non-number related" service queues ... grrr... so used their automated fault reporting service to actually log a fault... frustration levels elevated by Telkom incompetence... grrrr.

Mine is not a VOX issue ... none of the ADSL accounts want to authenticate despite line syncing OK... oh well...

Convex

International speeds up sheetz creek again. Axxess, Vox and Webafrica account all performing horrible in PE

greg_SA

Expert Member
Anyone feel like they're being throttled in the evenings (peak times)? Things like Youtube and Netflix are fine... but streaming from "unknown" sources is really poor :( Fatpipe is not meant to be shaped...

Charly

Sounds like international congestion. We've got local CDNs/caches for YouTube and Netflix.

Pada

Executive Member
I'm currently unable to authenticate with my VOX ADSL Fatpipe account, however my Axxess 1GB free account works just fine in Stellenbosch after load-shedding ended.

Charly

I'm currently unable to authenticate with my VOX ADSL Fatpipe account, however my Axxess 1GB free account works just fine in Stellenbosch after load-shedding ended.
Exactly the same here. In Gauteng.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
my ISP Cape Connect has awesome battery backup on their side so during load shedding we all carry on cruising right through it no problems at all, i dont even notice load shedding at home, except for the faint beeping coming out of my UPS's.

I can see people leaving their ISP's due to downtime because of loadshedding and choosing an ISP that is up 100% of the time. Viva @portcullis :thumbsup: Thank you

Charly

my ISP Cape Connect has awesome battery backup on their side so during load shedding we all carry on cruising right through it no problems at all, i dont even notice load shedding at home, except for the faint beeping coming out of my UPS's.

I can see people leaving their ISP's due to downtime because of loadshedding and choosing an ISP that is up 100% of the time. Viva @portcullis Thank you
Yeah. I'm also considering leaving Vox but for other performance reasons as well. The account is crazy good value for what I'm getting (I'm running in on Openserve FTTH with a promotional account from 2015) but still sometimes I still have issues with international sites during peak times.