Official Vox DSL feedback thread

Totempole

Expert Member
I'll check again a little later, otherwise I guess I'll have to call them.

UPDATE: My ~80GB rollover is showing up today.

Last edited:

Signor65

I'm getting ~1.5mbps for overseas servers with capped fatpipe on a 100mbps line. Anyone else?

It's been a good run but maybe it's time to jump ship after 4 years. I doubt it's anything on my side as local tests are still full-speed. This has been happening more and more often.
Same here in PE. I was wondering why Twitch was buffering at 480p...

Convex

International speeds are borked at the moment. Tried Axxess and webafrica, all slow. Youtube seems fine, but gaming to EU is bad.

Last edited:

Rohan

Something up with VOX, extremely slow speed all of a sudden. Lots of sites won't open. Power cycled router but still the same.

Totempole

Expert Member
Same here in PE. I was wondering why Twitch was buffering at 480p...
A big reason that I don't do Twitch regularly is that I hardly ever get over 480p and even then there are still some hiccups. Such a pity
It's the weirdest thing. It's not just Twitch, but some other livestreaming platforms as well.

For some reason, no matter what ISP I use over my VDSL line, I can't watch Twitch, buffers like crazy, even disabling low latency mode and setting the lowest quality doesn't help. I've tried Vox, Afrihost, Axxess and Webafrica. I thought maybe it had to do with increased latency over copper and maybe congestion somewhere.

Then, my friend got 50Mb Fibre with Vox, and my brother got Fibre with Afrihost... Same thing happens! So I figured, okay, must be something to do with international connectivity from SA, maybe there's congestion at certain times.

But here's where it gets weird...

At the times when this happens over fixed services, my MTN 4G connection works perfectly, for obvious reasons watching Twitch over MTN isn't feasible, but what do they have on their network that the fixed services don't? How is it possible that live streams over 4G is better than 50Mb Fibre???

I'm completely baffled by this, I guess it's something we just have to accept living in the 3rd world.

I can't pinpoint the exact times this happens, since it seems almost random, but most often I have these issues during the week between 7 and 9pm.

Convex

International speeds and pings are terrible again. Local and Youtube are fine. Why is this happening more n more frequent all of a sudden. Same experience using, Axxess,, Webafrica.

thewusman

Expert Member
My VOX fibre in PE on FF died for a few minutes at 2pm then came back but pings and speeds awful.

Was getting 95/95 and 13ms to VOX CT this morning on Speedtest. Now it’s less than 1/5 of that and latency is around 100ms.

VOX (Level 1 to be fair) support are as clueless as usual.

Something broke.

thewusman

Expert Member
I’ve opened a fault with VOX. Come 7:30pm and international bandwidth goes for a ball of ****. Currently 33mbps down and 90mbps up to VOX London on Speedtest. Piss poor !