Official Web Africa thread

ronnie_94

Anyone else experiencing absolutely terrible streaming (YouTube and twitch) this even from Webafrica (openserve fiber, 40/20 line) everything buffers after seconds even at 720p?

PS KZN Durban area
Yeah pretty slow here in KZN

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Anyone else still seeing packet loss?
I am, but far less than last night, since opening a Ticket with IS.

Trompie67

Expert Member

You are wasting your time.

I submitted a ticket on 7 November.
Heard nothing, so followed up on 9 November.
Heard nothing, so followed up on 13 November.

On 14 November I receive an unsigned email from "help@webafrica" as follows:
I have noticed that your email has been in our complaints queue for some time and I apologize for this. It is not within our aim to have complaints outstanding for so long, but various factors good and bad has increased the workload and we were unfortunately not able to get to all our customer's complaints in time.

Please advise if you still require assistance or has your issue been resolved, as soon as we receive a reply we will mark the query as urgent and get back to you asap.

Once again we apologize for this delay.

Kind regards
The Webafrica Team

The support ticket is also removed from their system.

I replied, to say that the issue is not resolved & they need to action it & revert back to me.

It's now 8 days since I submitted the original ticket & still zero resolution from Webafrica.

Seems they are going the same route as Afrihost - down the tubes with shyte customer service/support.

Fulton17

Expert Member
So, I sent an email to support and everyone else I can at WA.

I get a phone call from a sales lady trying to get me to pre order for Fibre. Then puts me through to support who were useless ad the call gets cut. No call back from them.

Complain to sales lady who again wants my pre order and then they do call me back whilst in a meeting and that was the last I heard.

Sadly the good guys have mostly left; WAHelper is no more and things are just going from bad to worse.

Pada

Executive Member
Anyone else still experiencing like 30%+ packet loss? I'm on their "Openserve ADSL Pro 200GB Capped".
I have no issues whatsoever on VOX, and also 20-25ms lower ping on first hop.

WebAfrica
Code:
[MikroTik] > /tool traceroute 1.1.1.1
 # ADDRESS                          LOSS SENT    LAST     AVG    BEST   WORST
 1                                  100%    6 timeout
 2 196.38.75.121                    16..    6  55.9ms    52.8    46.2    56.6
 3 196.38.75.122                    16..    6  50.4ms    51.1    50.4    51.7
 4 196.38.77.88                      80%    6 timeout    50.3    50.3    50.3
 5 168.209.2.12                      20%    5  52.3ms    49.3    43.3    52.3
 6 168.209.100.101                   40%    5 timeout    66.2    60.9    70.2
 7 168.209.1.170                      0%    5  66.9ms    66.1    57.8    71.1
 8 196.223.14.109                    40%    5 timeout    65.7    60.1    70.7
 9 1.1.1.1                           20%    5  69.6ms    67.2    63.8    69.6

vs. VOX:
Code:
 # ADDRESS                          LOSS SENT    LAST     AVG    BEST   WORST STD-DEV STATUS            
 1                                  100%    7 timeout                                                   
 2 41.193.121.9                       0%    6  34.3ms    32.2    31.3    34.3       1                   
 3 41.193.121.10                      0%    6  33.8ms    32.8    31.5    34.5     1.1                   
 4 209.203.1.41                       0%    6  34.4ms    33.4      31    36.2     1.7                   
 5 196.10.140.198                     0%    6  32.9ms    32.5    31.4    33.3     0.7                   
 6 1.1.1.1                            0%    6  33.4ms      32    31.1    33.4     0.7

Trompie67

Expert Member
Was anyone able to get answers regarding the sluggish performance in KZN?
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

You have got to be kidding. Webafrica support are a myth, a fable, a ghost in the night. They do not exist, much like Webafrica Support.
I have a support ticket that is now 2 weeks old, and not one single person has responded, other than a bot which closed the ticket & then reopened it when I had a fit.

ronnie_94

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

You have got to be kidding. Webafrica support are a myth, a fable, a ghost in the night. They do not exist, much like Webafrica Support.
I have a support ticket that is now 2 weeks old, and not one single person has responded, other than a bot which closed the ticket & then reopened it when I had a fit.
Sounds familiar :ROFL:

Lord Nikon6

Expert Member
Just signed up for a package at webafrica. When I got the welcome email, the horror that followed was unexpected. Is there a rep on this forum? How can a company still send plaintext passwords over e-mail?

Thank goodness, when I changed my password after, they did not send me an e-mail confirming it. We are off to a rocky start here, regardless of wether the internet will perform well.

Last edited:

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Did Webafrica just suddenly stopped working?

KZN Durban area on openserve fiber trough WA.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Been hiccuping today a lot but no stoppage luckily down here on the South Coast. Higher than avg ping as well :confused:

Trompie67

Expert Member
Just signed up for a package at webafrica. When I got the welcome email, the horror that followed was unexpected. Is there a rep on this forum? How can a company still send plaintext passwords over e-mail?

Thank goodness, when I changed my password after, they did not send me an e-mail confirming it. We are off to a rocky start here, regardless of wether the internet will perform well.

My whatever higher power you ascribe to be with you should you ever have a support query.

I've been waiting over 4 weeks for anyone in support to respond. They've deleted the ticket twice, & reinstated it when I've had a fit saying it is not resolved, but they have done diddly squat to even try & resolve it.

Thankfully we will be rid of them soon.

Brieuse

My whatever higher power you ascribe to be with you should you ever have a support query.

I've been waiting over 4 weeks for anyone in support to respond. They've deleted the ticket twice, & reinstated it when I've had a fit saying it is not resolved, but they have done diddly squat to even try & resolve it.

Thankfully we will be rid of them soon.
you need to phone them. They haven't discovered email

Trompie67

Expert Member
you need to phone them. They haven't discovered email

Well, it's 5 weeks as of today. They do know how email works, as every time they delete the ticket I email them & it magically returns.

I am of the opinion that they are either incompetent, lazy, or both.

It matters not, I am flipping them the bird & will be changing ISP's. The abysmal support was the reason I left Afrihost & moved to webafrica, who have proven themselves to have taken lessons to heart from Afrihost & they have become just as fekking useless. Ciao useless cnuts, there are plenty of ISP's in the ether!

In all honesty, support is a non entity until you need it. Then, it needs to work, be staffed by competent people & be actioned ASAP. That's why it's called support, not hurryupandfuckingwait.

Brieuse

Well, it's 5 weeks as of today. They do know how email works, as every time they delete the ticket I email them & it magically returns.

I am of the opinion that they are either incompetent, lazy, or both.

It matters not, I am flipping them the bird & will be changing ISP's. The abysmal support was the reason I left Afrihost & moved to webafrica, who have proven themselves to have taken lessons to heart from Afrihost & they have become just as fekking useless. Ciao useless cnuts, there are plenty of ISP's in the ether!

In all honesty, support is a non entity until you need it. Then, it needs to work, be staffed by competent people & be actioned ASAP. That's why it's called support, not hurryupandfuckingwait.
phone them, I actually had a nice chat to the one guy, they are real and willing to help.

Trompie67

Expert Member
phone them, I actually had a nice chat to the one guy, they are real and willing to help.

I have tried. I refuse to wait on hold for more than 10 minutes. Fuggem. If they cannot respond to support tickets after 5 weeks, and cannot take a phone call (tried on 4 separate occasions) after 10 minutes then they do not need my money.

I don't care how "nice" the person on the other end of the line may be. It should not take 5 weeks, 11 emails & 4 phone calls without success before I may or may not speak to someone. They are a private company, not a government depart FFS. I expect, and pay for decent service and support.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Hmmm, last 3 nights I've noticed packet loss and increased latency between 7pm and midnight :unsure: