Official Web Africa thread

maeztro

Anyone else having issues with WebAfrica connectivity? I'm in Pretoria. Yesterday afternoon sometime connections started dropping. After some basic trouble shooting, I went in with other things.

This morning, everything seemed fine, but connection has again conked out. Tracert worked earlier, time outs now. There is one issue posted on the WebAfrica website, but does not seem to involve Pretoria.

Rohan

Can't do any online gaming...getting massive lag with WA, fine with VOX.

Pure_Acid

@WebAfrica Helper

Yesterday you guys had authentication issues with Fibre in the CapeTown region since then the internet is shitty!

Youtube buffering on 480p ??????? Amazon Video / Netflix / Showmax / DSTV Now, online gaming timeouts to international servers.

Why am i paying R1029 for Fibre for this?

ronnie_94

Webafrica been slow and sluggish for some time now, think its time our office changes to something better.:unsure:

Hatefulsandwich

Anyone else getting poor speeds? (Cape Town, Southern Suburbs)

I'm not on WebAfrica, but I'm in the Southern Suburbs and I'm getting 0.1Mbps down on my 4mbps line. I have Telkom and Vox accounts and both are performing terribly.

Gahno

Since last week I noticed Webafrica international speed latency has very bad jitters. Unable to stream nor game. I have sent their support traceroute. Still waiting for feedback. This speed occurs every evening. It is fine during the day. I tried Afrihost and they seem to be fine no issues.

envo

Expert Member
webafrica deleted my account???

ive been with them since 2005. internet down so i tried loggin in to my account.

"No client account was found with the email address you entered "

envo

Expert Member
I would highly recommend anyone seeing this NOT to use Web Africa as their service provider. The way they treat long-standing loyal clients is deplorable.

Ticket response on Saturday, asked if I needed any help, when I responded "yes, I need my xyz service restored and an explanation of why my account was closed", I get an immediate response "Sorry, ticket already closed, please open a new ticket"

Joker

Expert Member
Slow speeds again in Southern Suburbs, anyone else?

Openserve 200mb Fibre line:

Rohan

Canceled my account with them, performance has been lackluster lately and the support even worse.

envo

Expert Member
Fun times, after they disabled my account without any form of contact or reason, I'm still waiting to hear an explanation. On the day, I was able to get my ADSL account restored *which I had to pay for again* even though I paid them on the 1st of May.

A tedious week later, I had my anti-virus restored, managers were apparently briefed on my situation and "will be in contact soon", but by Friday, I really couldn't give a crap anymore and bought my own licenses.

I signed up with Telkom instead, and once I was activated, cancelled my services with them (which I recommend everyone to do).

Guess what, I have to now pay them on the 1st of June again, as the only available time to have my service cancelled, is end of June.

It's quite sad how this company, year on year, degraded so badly that when you log a ticket to ask why your account was disabled when you had credit, that the response is (apology for long waiting queues, the standard response since about 2009) and then wrote "Please can you supply us your bank account details to have the money in credit refunded"

The lack of comprehension is quite dumbfounding, as even a child with a 2nd language in English could understand what I wrote in 2 sentences.

With Matt at the helm, when you phoned support, you might actually get him working the support desk (those were the days!)

I'm excited to continue my relationship with Telkom, as Web Africa can go suck a big fat dick.

Joker

Expert Member
Openserve issues in Southern Suburbs again today it seems..

200mb line:

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Awful latency to international the last 2 days .... dunno if it's related to the network changeover but it's terrible and as usual, no problem on other providers.

thewusman

Expert Member
Awful latency to international the last 2 days .... dunno if it's related to the network changeover but it's terrible and as usual, no problem on other providers.

VOX has been up the pole since the long weekend started as well, from late afternoon each day onwards.

40mbit VDSL crawling for anything on international breakout, local speedtests fine.

Piss poor.