old utorrent vs latest version

ryu

Expert Member
tired qbittorrent and its well decent but no idea how to stop the torrents once they done, they seem to just seed forever
set upload to 1kb with no share ratio (or minimum) but it just keeps on going. i just delete the torrents from the completed folder once done now but its a slechp.

going to be doing a reinstall soon on my pc so will try out bittorrent.

Oh btw qbittorrent also has the utp setting on by default so you still have to change that in the settings, at least no ads thats good

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
tired qbittorrent and its well decent but no idea how to stop the torrents once they done, they seem to just seed forever
set upload to 1kb with no share ratio (or minimum) but it just keeps on going. i just delete the torrents from the completed folder once done now but its a slechp.

Right click on the torrent you want to stop and hit "pause."

Alternatively, in the options under "BitTorrent" tick "Seed torrents until their ratio reaches" and set it to 0.00 and tell it to pause them and it will do so automatically.

I'm not seeing what's complicated here? :p

ryu

Expert Member

Alternatively, in the options under "BitTorrent" tick "Seed torrents until their ratio reaches" and set it to 0.00 and tell it to pause them and it will do so automatically.

stop laughing at me :( :p

i have done all of that except for the pausing part (didnt see the need to pause just want it to stop)

will set it to pause tonight then.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
stop laughing at me :( :p

Sorry :eek: :D

i have done all of that except for the pausing part (didnt see the need to pause just want it to stop)

will set it to pause tonight then.

In qBittorrent, pausing is the equivalent of stopping a torrent. Different word but with the same effect. "Deleting" a torrent also gives you the option to simply remove the torrent from qBit or to also remove the files from your drive.

In the Advanced settings you can also opt to resolve peer countries as well as host names, if you like looking at that stuff (I do :p).

qBit also allows you to enable Peer Exchange, which helps you find more peers for a torrent, and also supports decentralisation (as, I think, do most torrent clients these days).

It also has bandwidth rate limitation if you want to opt for different speeds at certain times of the day... Annnnnd... it also offers the option to force encryption if you want to bypass your ISP's shaping (which is arguably a bad thing to do in ZA :p).

And yes, as you say, you can enable/disable uTP as well.

Also, if you eyeball the Wikipedia page that compares Torrent clients, I think you'll find that qBittorrent wins hands down in features and, above all, it is, as you say, spam-free, ad-free, spyware-free, opensource and FREE :D

So support it, you chops :p

ryu

Expert Member

so would the settings at 1kbps for upload disrupt your download speeds ? ie throttle your download to < 100kbps on a 4mb line ?
also it set to pause at 0.00

ryu

Expert Member
so would the settings at 1kbps for upload disrupt your download speeds ? ie throttle your download to < 100kbps on a 4mb line ?
also it set to pause at 0.00

to answer my own question, yes it does :wtf:

changed my upload to 11kbps and finally getting full speed again