old utorrent vs latest version

ryu

Expert Member
so i had an old utorrent probably from a few years back anyway decided to upgrade to plus last night and not impressed :( speeds immediately dropped.

The i tried the latest free version, same thing - starts off fast then drops almost immediately afterwards

now i cant find my old version so im stuck with these new ones :mad:

anyone experience something similar ? surely the latest versions should be better than the previous ones?

can someone recommend the best version of this software (utorrent only please, cant get used to any other stuff)

Ryu

Drifter

Honorary Master
Dont thnk it is related to the Utorrent package. Seems like there were country wide I-Net problems last night through to this morning.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Check your Global Rate Limit Options, which boxes are enabled?

Purply

Expert Member
1.6 still remains the best, or 1.8.1 imo, all depends on which "versions" are supported by your "trackers"

ryu

Expert Member
i'm on a 4mb adsl line - using capped and uncapped

reason i assumed it was the software was because it was flying just before the upgrade and then slow afterwards.

maybe i'm jumping the gun, perhaps i should wait until tonight and monitor it again.

also dont think its any of the setting because once you upgrade from the current version it keeps the original settings (i checked)

ryu

Expert Member
Do you not perhaps have a recent system restore point?

yeah not that recent though so rather not go that route, will rather just grab the 1.6 and see if that helps first

oldhat

Expert Member
All versions of utorrent after 3.3.2 impose a download rate limit based on the amount you upload. V3.2.2 works perfectly for me.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
I have dropped uTorrent and went to Tixati, a while ago. Not going back, it's the best.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Is there any reason why you guys don't use qBittorrent?

• Open-source
  • Ad-free
  • Spy-ware free
  • Adware-free

It's regularly updated, light-weight and has a bunch of features.

It's essentially uTorrent without the garbage.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Is there any reason why you guys don't use qBittorrent?

• Open-source
  • Ad-free
  • Spy-ware free
  • Adware-free

It's regularly updated, light-weight and has a bunch of features.

It's essentially uTorrent without the garbage.

Very easy to remove all the "garbage" from the free utorrent client, just some settings to change to false or 0 under advanced options, then all ads etc gone.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Very easy to remove all the "garbage" from the free utorrent client, just some settings to change to false or 0 under advanced options, then all ads etc gone.

Or, alternatively, support software that doesn't try to con its users into installing **** in the first place? :)