OnePlus 6T unveiled - High-end smartphone with a tiny notch

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So still no waterproofing or wireless charging?
The OnePlus 6 has water resistance and I expect the 6T does too. OnePlus just didn't waste their money on IP certification.

What's the point of wireless charging? OnePlus devices have had all-day battery life for years already and the OnePlus 6T takes it to a new level with the 3700mAh battery. And when you do charge, Dash Charging is the fastest solution out there. Battery and charging is not a concern with this device.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
No 3.5mm audio jack unfortunately. It's a pity they didn't listen to their customers who said "keep it".

I'm a happy 5T user. One of the best phones I've had based on value/feature ratio.

sand_man

Honorary Master
No 3.5mm audio jack unfortunately. It's a pity they didn't listen to their customers who said "keep it".

I'm a happy 5T user. One of the best phones I've had based on value/feature ratio.
Perhaps they were listening to their customers that asked for a bigger capacity battery? Or those that asked for in screen fingerprint scanner?

The phone ships with a USB type C to 3.5mm adapter so no biggie really.

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Perhaps they were listening to their customers that asked for a bigger capacity battery? Or those that asked for in screen fingerprint scanner?

The phone ships with a USB type C to 3.5mm adapter so no biggie really.
Exactly not sure why everyone is bitching about it.
How does one go about acquiring said device in good old SA?
Gearbest, AliExpress maybe?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
The OnePlus 6 has water resistance and I expect the 6T does too. OnePlus just didn't waste their money on IP certification.

What's the point of wireless charging? OnePlus devices have had all-day battery life for years already and the OnePlus 6T takes it to a new level with the 3700mAh battery. And when you do charge, Dash Charging is the fastest solution out there. Battery and charging is not a concern with this device.
Awesome phone this...
Point of wireless charging? Mmm to charge your phone. But get what you saying, I have a wireless charging pad but havn't used it in 2 years, just so much faster with a cable.
Dash charging is not the fastest, one of the fastest, but not the fastest. Especially if you look at the charging tests for this phone, there are phones with bigger batteries that charges faster to 100%....

Ecco

Executive Member
That small notch only has a camera in it, so where is the earpiece?