Oneplus 7T and 7T Pro

dayav07

Ace tip
Never ever buy anything from Gearbest that doesn't ship immediately. Check shipping time before checkout.
When I purchased it it was in stock. It now says 30 November dispatch. Price is way too low to cancel the order so I'll wait.

dayav07

Update: My 7T was shipped out today. Ahead of the 30th November they were initially saying.

Ryansr

Expert Member
As this OnePlus 7T pro was my first phone without the 3.5mm headphone jack, I still want to use my older wired headphones, so I bought a USB-C audio dongle and it arrived today. The sound quality is quite good and I can still keep using my old and future wired headphones with my phone.

Hidizs S3 / Type-C DAC Cable Converter for Up to 24Bit-192kHz sampling rate:

Update with review of the DAC:
The Hidizs Sonata HD is the best USB-C audio dongle

Last edited:

Nod

Executive Member
Worth it to get one now, or better to wait for potential black Friday specials?

dayav07

Update again!

My 7T was delivered today. Rough costs are as follows: R7,100 for the phone, R300 for shipping, R300 for insurance, R700 for customs. Total was about R8.4k

I purchased on 9 November, it was shipped on 19 November and I received it today 22 November.

Can't wait to get home and try it out!

Ryansr

Expert Member
Anyone hit by this here?
OnePlus personal info security breach: Here’s what you need to know

No one has been hit by this for some very obvious reasons like the fact that we cannot buy their phones through their online portal. Duh. :unsure:

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Just curious, can the OnePlus use any of our local networks volte or vowifi?

bratwurst

Expert Member
Update again!

My 7T was delivered today. Rough costs are as follows: R7,100 for the phone, R300 for shipping, R300 for insurance, R700 for customs. Total was about R8.4k

I purchased on 9 November, it was shipped on 19 November and I received it today 22 November.

Can't wait to get home and try it out!
What shipping method did you use?

jellievis

I bought mine from the OnePlus website (India) with free shipping and with conversion it came to R8313. Not sure how Gearbest manages to sell it for less with insurance and shipping.
I am curious rob123, what is the progress on your order?

bratwurst

Expert Member
Latest 10.0.7 update makes the 7T snappier. It's very much on par now with the pro version.

One can also hide the notch now.

JimboBob

Expert Member
Out of interest, can the phone be used for tap & pay stuff?

I added my account details to Google Pay but it says "not supported by your bank" which is Standard Bank.
But going to Tap & Pay option adds the banking app and all looks good etc.

Tried to tap at 2 shops now and nothing...phone unlocked.

poffle

Executive Member
Can confirm OP7 works with Google pay in Singapore and Australia and tapping for annnnnything, so yeah its probably a ZA thing.