Oneplus 7T and 7T Pro

bratwurst

Expert Member
36x 749. A whole 27k. Fark me. Apply your Vaseline before taking up that deal.

bratwurst

Expert Member
My import cost on S20 ultras is less than 11.5k per device. A 7t pro, considering cellucity buying power - they probably paid sub 9k per device. Daylight robbery.

JimboBob

Expert Member
Just happy to see the brand gaining traction in sa.
I think it's getting traction for the wrong reasons...
The actual cost totally undercuts the rivals so it's easy for Cellucity to just double the price and then slowly start dropping it to 'actual' price and make it seem like an epic buy.

I say whatever, will just carry on importing my phones or buying where I know I don't have to take my vaseline with.

The prices of devices on Gearbest really blows my mind. I cannot actually understand that in 2020 we have this massive VIRTUAL divide with something like cellphones. Maybe i'm being a zoomer :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
I think it's getting traction for the wrong reasons...
The actual cost totally undercuts the rivals so it's easy for Cellucity to just double the price and then slowly start dropping it to 'actual' price and make it seem like an epic buy.

I say whatever, will just carry on importing my phones or buying where I know I don't have to take my vaseline with.

The prices of devices on Gearbest really blows my mind. I cannot actually understand that in 2020 we have this massive VIRTUAL divide with something like cellphones. Maybe i'm being a zoomer :rolleyes:
Agreed.

Their pricing doesn't excite me either but if the brand gains traction locally we will see accessories becoming more readily available and I would imagine service centers equipped to repair Oneplus devices too.. I've historically gone the import route too, but it has always worried me, how I would process a repair under warranty.

Credit to Oneplus though, the 4 OP devices I've owned to date have never given a days trouble... touchwood...

Chingha

Expert Member
Because the brand isn't represented and therefore supported in ZA, I wonder if there isn't some sort of "insurance" built into the price so the device can be sold and supported by them. A stash of screens batteries, spare stock for DOAs etc?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Because the brand isn't represented and therefore supported in ZA, I wonder if there isn't some sort of "insurance" built into the price so the device can be sold and supported by them. A stash of screens batteries, spare stock for DOAs etc?
Yeah, I was thinking the same...