Online payments by cellphone

AndyHiggins

BidorBuy CEO
There is also good news for customers who wont be charged bank fees for goods purchased using Cell Pay Point.

The question though is what will merchants be charged. If it is too expensive then it may be difficult to get merchants to adopt it even if consumers love it.

naeem

Expert Member
no extra charge for merchants - theres the usual percentage fee but its less then credit card percentage costs.
+ the risk of fraud is less.

We'r going to implement it later this month

double_n

Sounds very cool, but what I really want is a service like PayPal in SA, which is universal across all banks. It would solve some major headaches when it comes to online shopping.

JK8

Banned
Mmmm what about people who have their cellphone accounts paid for by the company they work for?

Ap0c

ParcelNinja CEO Justin Drennan
Company Rep
Also going to be integrating with them - sounds like quite a decent offering

CharlesM

Busy integrating with them, it's a great service!

We're going with MyGate, as they have an excellent team that works with you to get this working.

Tns

Executive Member
The question though is what will merchants be charged. If it is too expensive then it may be difficult to get merchants to adopt it even if consumers love it.

like the credit card fee is just past onto the customers. if you want to use your card you must pay the extra 5% or something

CharlesM

like the credit card fee is just past onto the customers. if you want to use your card you must pay the extra 5% or something

Fortunately, merchants aren't allowed to add a fee for paying by credit card. It's stated in the merchant agreement.

AndyHiggins

BidorBuy CEO
Sounds very cool, but what I really want is a service like PayPal in SA, which is universal across all banks. It would solve some major headaches when it comes to online shopping.

Take a look at PayFast. Although still in beta it is now open to merchants. I have done about 100 transactions through the system successfully already.

Tns

Executive Member
Fortunately, merchants aren't allowed to add a fee for paying by credit card. It's stated in the merchant agreement.

that do not stop them from doing that ,i actually spoke to the bank and they said the merchant shouldn't charge but it's not ilegal

herrera19

Processing payments via cell phone?

I know you can now send money from your paypal account via a cell phone, but how about processing credit cards remotely for those of us with Merchant Pro?

I'm getting ready to be a vendor at a convention this weekend and would love to be able to process cards while at the show. Usually I take my laptop and process cards that way, but this one is at the convention center where you have to pay for electricity so no access.

My old merchant gateway allowed you to call a toll free number to process credit cards via a phone and it would be awesome if Paypal could add this in the future

Cell Phone Stun Gun