Open letter to Telkom CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
At most 2 days!

Reasoning behind this: If I, as a self-employed contractor, take more than 2 days to respond, I've lost a customer! So, a company with the resources like teklom should easily be able to respond as fast as I can!
 
I believe that is more than sufficient time. Feels like they re using common corporate delaying tactics
 
Still following this and still waiting in anticipation.You bowled them with your response so at the speed they work it willtake them this week to discuss this issue, hire some consultants for evaluation and advice, discuss it with their lawyers, and then respond by early next week to set up a meeting to discuss the aganda of the follow up meeting where you would get a negative response to the per gig billing saga. That has come to stay as Telkom are thinking out all other ways to carry on nailing us.
 
rpm said:
What do you guys think is a reasonable time to wait for feedback on this matter?

In reality there should be no delay.
How hard is it to say, 'Yes, we can offer some changes',,,,, unless you have no intention of doing anything and are now caught in a catch 22 by a perfectly directed question.
Now the 'think tank' is probably working overtime to come up with a suitably cryptic response.

I would say that if you dont have a response back by the end of the week, write them off for what they have always been, irrespective of the new regime.
If they do respond positively, then there is indeed hope.

edit: Keep up the good work rpm, its fantastic what you are doing.
 
Last edited:
a day is reasonable to wait for any response!

and if all this talk actually works, would the first step in the right direction be 30gigs at the prices we used to pay ? - anything less would be a joke!.
 
At the end of the day it is a Yes or No.....simple as that, and I am sure they have thought about this already and just probably delaying it so they can formulate their answer.
 
rpm said:
What do you guys think is a reasonable time to wait for feedback on this matter?
End of the week is O.K.
The best thing is to notify now that we are waiting until the end of the week.
 
RPM - you should reply and say that "taking a matter very seriously" should not include days of non-contact. If they don't have a strategy or answer for you now, how were they planning to have one at the meeting? They were obviously gonna give you the run-around.
 
a week is way too long. They are either serious or not......if they are they can come back and say we are working on it, so give us a few days and they should specify when we expect to have an answer.
 
Good work RPM, personally I feel that the flood gates are about to open for Telkom judging by all the negative media coverage they're receiving these days, and I think they realise that they need to do something drastic. This meeting could be the turning point for them one way or another, and so I'm sure some very serious deliberation is going on at Telkom about all aspects of their business.

I give them until Friday, with no reply after that public awareness should be raised even more. With their corporate image being dragged through the mud with the increasing intensity it is, we (as a country of potential clients) will have them begging to meet us by this time next year and the SNO will be coming along nicely.
 
They taking it so seriously that they still went ahead with the 1st of November tariff changes.... please....!!! Most probably consulting lawyers and all to find out the best possible way to delay things a bit further. I would give until today (09/11) at 12:00....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X