Openserve Fibre and CISP

lands911

Hi there

I want to order the 10/5 uncapped unshaped package from CISP on Openserve. Vumatel is also in my area but are rather pricey on any ISP with 4/1 speed.

Vumatel has installed those grey boxes (probably ONT) next to all units in my complex. Can Openserve use that infrastructure, or do they need to lay cable from the street to my unit (trenching).

I need to understand how this works before I cancel my LTE connection. Please assist

@PBCool
@TelkomZA
@Telkom Customer Service

BasBas

Hi there

I want to order the 10/5 uncapped unshaped package from CISP on Openserve. Vumatel is also in my area but are rather pricey on any ISP with 4/1 speed.

Vumatel has installed those grey boxes (probably ONT) next to all units in my complex. Can Openserve use that infrastructure, or do they need to lay cable from the street to my unit (trenching).

I need to understand how this works before I cancel my LTE connection. Please assist

@PBCool
@TelkomZA
@Telkom Customer Service
Openserve and Vuma use Separate Infrastructure so if they for some reason have not trenched to your house already then you are out of luck, If i am not mistaken Openserves network utilizes GPON Architecture while VUMA Uses Point to Point

Sinbad

Honorary Master
The Grey box is not an ont. It's just a fibre termination/junction box.

genetic

Honorary Master
The Grey box is not an ont. It's just a fibre termination/junction box.

This. The ONT gets installed by your provider - it's a standalone device that looks like a modem.

If you go with Openserve, they will provide their own ONT device for you to connect to their network - viceversa with Vumatel.

Fake Telkom Account

Hi there

@PBCool
@TelkomZA
@Telkom Customer Service

Sorry man, I don't work for Telkom - I just picked this name so people would hate me.