Outlook having issues with Gmail

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Started today - receiving an error in Outlook when trying to download email using the POP method.

Standard gmail accounts as well as Google apps email accounts.

Anyone know why and/or how to fix?

Error code: 0x800ccc92

Username and password are correct and works fine in browser.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
No worries - started about 11am today, and fixed now 1:36pm.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Was just about to come here and post, having same issues on 3 different accounts, Outlook password prompt box keeps popping up...

Usually when this happens toggling on/off "allow access from less secure sites" remedies the issue but I can't access those settings currently. Get "setting could not be read" error message...

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Was just about to come here and post, having same issues on 3 different accounts, Outlook password prompt box keeps popping up...

Usually when this happens toggling on/off "allow access from less secure sites" remedies the issue but I can't access those settings currently. Get "setting could not be read" error message...
Seems like an issue from Gmail side - problem resolved by itself a couple hours after it started without any other intervention.

Claymore

Executive Member
Google made some changes to the security settings. I also sorted it with the "allow access" setting. So frustrating how badly Gmail plays with Outlook though.

leonb

Had same issue. Luckily solved itself.

For some reason the "less secure settings" disappeared from account settings page.

GP Hosting Helper

Company Representative
Company Rep
We also spotted this in the last few weeks with some clients using Gmail and our servers for sending. We believe it has to do with Google/Gmail forcing the use of secure settings with TLS/SSL.

CaneMan

I have had a problem with Gmail/Outlook since yesterday. This is with a POP3 account.
"Receiving reported error (0x800CCC1A): "Your server does not support the connection encryption type----"
Sometimes it goes through sometimes not.