Packet Loss

VettieOriginal

Hello all,

Need some advise, so with my current ISP and FNO i have packet loss

The loss is from jump 2 to 10.

Now i have logged multiple call with ISP it is fixed and then goes back to the same issue.

I am one of the lucky guys where we have 2 FNO's in the area.

My question for the more advance guys on this forum is, will it help to change ISP's or should i just change FNO all in one?

I play a lot of FFPS games and the packet loss is killing me.

Looking forward to your input

Regards

Vettie

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hello all,

Need some advise, so with my current ISP and FNO i have packet loss

The loss is from jump 2 to 10.

Now i have logged multiple call with ISP it is fixed and then goes back to the same issue.

I am one of the lucky guys where we have 2 FNO's in the area.

My question for the more advance guys on this forum is, will it help to change ISP's or should i just change FNO all in one?

I play a lot of FFPS games and the packet loss is killing me.

Looking forward to your input

Regards

Vettie
Maybe post the trace here for us? And which FNOs?

VettieOriginal

Hello,

Thanks it is Frogfoot only ran it for a few min and then switched off. to be honest i just gave up

Using the WS5200 router 100/10mb line

1602491671736.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hello,

Thanks it is Frogfoot only ran it for a few min and then switched off. to be honest i just gave up

Using the WS5200 router 100/10mb line

View attachment 930855
Are you in PE? Your ISP should be able to have this resolved with Frogfoot. Otherwise if you aren't having joy via that avenue then change FNO same time would be my advise.

VettieOriginal

Are you in PE? Your ISP should be able to have this resolved with Frogfoot. Otherwise if you aren't having joy via that avenue then change FNO same time would be my advise.
Thanks,

I am in Pretoria

Its a repeat every few weeks of the same issue was good for about 3 months and then bam it started again last night.

Frogfoot always wants test that i need a master degree to do (Not all of us is that TECH Savvy) But yea lets see

Thanks for the advise if it is not better i will move over to MFN and go on with my life

VettieOriginal

So Feedback is ISP checked and nothing wrong on there side now the issue is to proof to Frogfoot that the issue is on there side. Th joys of having issues with Fibre

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Frogfoot uses Calix, if memory serves me right. Ask them to provide screen shots from their NMS showing that their telemetry shows no packet loss.
Post the screenshots if they provide them here and we can analyze them for you.

VettieOriginal

Hello all,

Some Feedback. So Frogfoot has said the issue is still under investigation the ISP has requested me to do a Restore of the router gave me a new username and password for the dial up or POPPE connection what ever it is called with a new static IP. He would like to test this to make sure that we have ticked all the boxes on our side and then if that does not work they will have to come out and physically test the line for issues

Lets hope the above sorts the issue

I have requested them to send a screen shot of the NMS but does not like like they really want to.

Thanks for the help so far

Regards

Vettie

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I have requested them to send a screen shot of the NMS but does not like like they really want to.
:eek: I don't know if they actually have one.

I have installed about 4 x SD-WAN devices on the network and typically I always see a higher than normal amount of packet loss that can only be mitigated using some type of TCP acceleration.

VettieOriginal

Hello all,

Just some Feedback with a lot of back and worth we managed to get Frogfoot to acknowledge that there is an issue and it seems to be worse in peak.

I am not sure but below screen shots helps with the theory,

@Frogfoot Fibre can you maybe assist with and share so light as to what the issue is? REF# [FF #724572]

The said they will dispatch maintenance team in 2-3 days lets hope it is quicker as we have oppened a few tickets and then it is back and forth then closed and we have to reopen the ticket, My ISP has been very supportive and understanding even if i chew off his ear every time.

I am just worried this will be a PE repeat and that i am not lus for at all

I have always been happy with FFN and hope they can resolve luckily i have another FNO if all falls flat

This was taken yesterday at 09:00
1603265164364.png

Then this was taken at 20:00
1603265202835.png

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hello all,

Just some Feedback with a lot of back and worth we managed to get Frogfoot to acknowledge that there is an issue and it seems to be worse in peak.

I am not sure but below screen shots helps with the theory,

@Frogfoot Fibre can you maybe assist with and share so light as to what the issue is? REF# [FF #724572]

The said they will dispatch maintenance team in 2-3 days lets hope it is quicker as we have oppened a few tickets and then it is back and forth then closed and we have to reopen the ticket, My ISP has been very supportive and understanding even if i chew off his ear every time.

I am just worried this will be a PE repeat and that i am not lus for at all

I have always been happy with FFN and hope they can resolve luckily i have another FNO if all falls flat

This was taken yesterday at 09:00
View attachment 936772

Then this was taken at 20:00
View attachment 936774

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your connectivity. As per the feedback provided by your ISP, our team is in contact with them to assist. If you don't receive any feedback, please follow-up directly with your ISP for further assistance. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

ZA_Chamber

Expert Member
So, what's the issue in PLZ then?

VettieOriginal

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your connectivity. As per the feedback provided by your ISP, our team is in contact with them to assist. If you don't receive any feedback, please follow-up directly with your ISP for further assistance. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Hello Frogfoot, thanks but my ISP is awaiting feedback from you? Strange the the SLA states next business day?

Issue still not resolved, i do not believe that the issues is on the ISP side and i cant get any feedback as Frogfoot has not issued to my ISP as yet. is it only me that find it weird that they do not talk to us yet we still technically the customer?

I will give them till COB today if they do not come back with feedback i will cancel with immediate affect my ISP can hold them accountable for loss of income and i will open a case at the ISP Council as this is a joke 3 months going and every time its like you must proof beyond reasonable doubt that the issue is on their side once that is done you need to sit and wait with no regular updates.

VettieOriginal

Just an update if some in is following the tread,

So confirmed the ISP has still not received any feedback from Frogfoot just confirmed that he is traying to escalate the issue but we stuck awaiting Frogfoot feedback.

I just want to mention that we not expecting it to be fixed at a drop of an hat but there should be some feedback from the FNO that the ISP and customer can have to see if thing are moving on and that there is a resolution.

We struggling to get this this feedback, the issue of packet loss is very big in my house we a 3 gamers that play online and even a10% packet loss is missing 1/10 shots.

Regards

Pierre

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hello Frogfoot, thanks but my ISP is awaiting feedback from you? Strange the the SLA states next business day?

Issue still not resolved, i do not believe that the issues is on the ISP side and i cant get any feedback as Frogfoot has not issued to my ISP as yet. is it only me that find it weird that they do not talk to us yet we still technically the customer?

I will give them till COB today if they do not come back with feedback i will cancel with immediate affect my ISP can hold them accountable for loss of income and i will open a case at the ISP Council as this is a joke 3 months going and every time its like you must proof beyond reasonable doubt that the issue is on their side once that is done you need to sit and wait with no regular updates.

Good afternoon, kindly find that our team has investigated the matter and our NOC team will get in touch with your ISP as soon as possible to troubleshoot the fault in more depth. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

VettieOriginal

Good afternoon, kindly find that our team has investigated the matter and our NOC team will get in touch with your ISP as soon as possible to troubleshoot the fault in more depth. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Frogfoot.

Thanks for the feedback lets hope they can share what the issues is seeing that they have investigated as above,

I will advise as soon as i get feedback.

Regards

VettieOriginal

Morning all,

ISP got back to me today saying that FFN got back to them and they can see some latency issues on the switch.

They said they looking into it. (Not sure what that means as i am still looking at my packet loss)

The positive side of it they have acknowledge there is a fault.

This will also affect a lot of houses in the area so it should be a priority call even do i logged the call they issue is more than just me, i think people that stream do not pick up on the issues as we that game a lot do.

I wander if the free upgraders they are giving is not also impacting the congestion on the lines in my mind it only makes sense that it does.

Lets hope that they will fix soon i will keep the thread updated as it goes on.

VettieOriginal

So just and update for the afternoon

Frogfoot has till not come back with an solution or advise what they are going to do to fix the issue.

There support refuses to deal with a private person and they will only deal with the ISP what makes me really upset as i am putting pressure on my ISP and they cant do any thing.

So i sent an email to their support with my 2c of blowing off and my concern is its Friday so this will stand over to Monday most probs and i cant came the weekend.

Think it is time to change to Metro Fibre

VettieOriginal

Hello all,

At long last a response has been issued

Received call from the frogfoot support team, they acknowledge the fault it is not congestion as what was suspected and he will investigate it personally going forward.

The mentioned that they cant sort it out with in the next say 2 days but they will work to get resolved, and issue more regular feedback and keep the ISP updated so he can calm me down

All in all i am feeling a little better as i know it is getting looked at and hopefully get resolved ASAP

Will keep every one updated with regards to the next steps and also communication that will come.

Thanks

all