PC Link Computers: Legit?

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Down my side too, just as the keyboard I purchased from them last year packed up.

Guess I am SOL with regards to a warranty claim?:ROFL:

TowerGuru

Expert Member
its not just you their website is completely gone. I'd used them quite a few times and had gotten good support...looks like they've done a disappearing act.

Intox

I bought a couple of things from them over the years. Never had an issue
and that's how they succeeded in swindling so many, past experiences that went okay gave them an air of legitimacy which they used against unsuspecting customers.

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
The Consumer Goods and Services Ombud (CGSO) has warned consumers to exercise caution when transacting with PC Link Computers following a substantial increase in consumer complaints.

It's not exactly possible to do so anymore.

ActivateD

Expert Member
Why didn't they go to their operations in Peck Ave in Roodepoort? First and last time I got something from them I collected it from that house.

Gravedigger

Expert Member
Most of the times, PClinkshop were 2/3 times more expensive on certain items... Never bought anything from them.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Bought from .co.za once in 2020. Everything went smooth as I mentioned in this thread before. Glad I never bought again.

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
Why didn't they go to their operations in Peck Ave in Roodepoort? First and last time I got something from them I collected it from that house.
To do what, knock on the door of an empty house? :X3:

It's been empty since March already.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Just give them a month and they will be back under a new name and website , swindlers gotto swindle you know.

giggity

Why in this day and age, where Google can tell you what time of day you're most likely to take a dump, is it so hard to reverse a payment. There's a database table. It has a to, a from, and an amount, along with the date.

All that should be required is proof that you never got the thing you paid for (e.g. show your bank that the site has vanished off the face of the planet and you have sent 10 support emails without a response). Then the bank should take the money back.

They should make the bank holding the stolen money responsible for it. No hope for the police - giving them the power to help would encourage more fraud.

Intox

Why in this day and age, where Google can tell you what time of day you're most likely to take a dump, is it so hard to reverse a payment. There's a database table. It has a to, a from, and an amount, along with the date.

All that should be required is proof that you never got the thing you paid for (e.g. show your bank that the site has vanished off the face of the planet and you have sent 10 support emails without a response). Then the bank should take the money back.

They should make the bank holding the stolen money responsible for it. No hope for the police - giving them the power to help would encourage more fraud.
The money was probably transferred to another bank or multiple banks and then withdrawn or converted into any one of a hundred Crypto assets.
They appear to have planned it for some time looking at how far back the complaints go, so I doubt they were lazy in their exit strategy, I very much doubt they just transferred their cash to a second bank and called it day, those funds are long gone and probably anyone who could be held responsible has had plenty of time to make a run for it.