[Personal Experiences] Hisense TV's

Sumen

Expert Member
Picture1.png

If you have a Hisense TV please share your experiences with them below. It's mostly hard to find reviews on their lower to midrange TV's
List your model as well.

Last edited:

Rabobi

Executive Member
Bought a Hisense FHD 49inch TV recently and love using it so far. The specs are available here: http://www.hisense.co.za/product/49-fhd-m2160-hx49m2160nf

I didn't want to buy a UHD smart TV as I already own a Chromecast device that can make the TV smart. At the moment I can just plug in my USB into one of the two USB ports and play most of my video files (x264 encoded and some HEVC) that I've downloaded. The TV was light and when it arrived I could just take it up to my apartment with minimal effort. I have upgraded from a Samsung 32 inch LED HD Ready TV. The Hisense has three HDMI inputs and that's more than enough for my usage. The HD channels from DSTV looks very good on this TV and you can clearly see the difference in image quality from the SD channels.

The sound is not the best (loudest) that I've heard but overall quality of sound is good. Very slim TV panel with wall mount included as well although I have not mounted it on my wall yet. I would recommend this TV for anyone looking to upgrade from a smaller non-smart TV to a much bigger non-smart TV. The smart part can be added through a multitude of devices on the market currently and adding the cost up with the cost for a FHD smart TV will come out to be about the same amount with the only difference that with an external device you won't be stuck with watching only certain videos but whatever you can find to stream to your TV.
Stopped reading at this point :wtf:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Bought my folks the 43N3000 UHD.

Very happy with the screen and overall package in general for the price paid but was a bit miffed that Plex isn't supported properly on their Appstore even though it's shown on many screenshots and such for this model and is apparently available in other markets.

Other than that something I didn't consider was that due to the down firing design of the speakers and this TV mounted rather high up and away from the wall in an arm bracket there is nothing for the sound to reflect against and so the volume is lower than expected and a bit flat.

Very impressed by the remote that looks cheap and nasty at first but operates quite well and the interface is very responsive. It could have been smaller.

Will definitely strongly consider Hisense later this year when I need to buy a new TV.

Last edited:

DCS

Have the 55inch uled tv (55m7000)...

Firstly with the right source material to play I it is brilliant! I can't imagine tv watching getting much better, so definitely best bang for buck...

Secondly, had the tv for about a month before it started randomly losing the picture while the sound stayed on... called and the technicians came out, though being a intermittent problem they would have to take it away to test when the problem happens again, so decided to keep the tv for now coz there's a four year guarantee, which most other brands don't do...

The ui is a bit on the slow side to start up, but considering the picture quality vs price I would buy again!

Lupus

Honorary Master
I've had the Hisense D36 50 led for about 3 years. It's been pretty decent but I'm feeling the need to upgrade :)

Eti1

Expert Member
Have had the 40D50P, a simple 40" FHD LED, for nearly two years. 1st Christmas it went blank and had to have the main board replaced. 2nd Christmas, similar thing requiring a new main board. It's working perfectly now.

All in all, I am very happy with the TV, awesome picture quality after fiddling with the settings, and the TV sound is actually adequate for my small space.

Really happy about the 4 year warranty and good support (IF you deal with Hisense directly).

Space

Have had a 39" HiSense FHD LED for about 7 years without a problem - not nearly as thin and close to the wall as 2017's HiSense flatscreens but I just remarked tonight what excellent stereo sound the downward-facing speakers gives - definitely no need for a soundbar

mh348

Expert Member
We setup 2 Digital Signage systems about 2.5 years back, it was for a NPO so normal TV's were sponsored. We used a HiSense and a JVC, the HiSense still running 100% without any issues, runs 24/7 always on. The JVC on the other hand is faded and has screen burn.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
The new HiSense UHD are beautiful. The menus are responsive and incredibly detailed. You have so much choice on settings.

techead

Honorary Master
Does anyone have either of these tv's and care to share their experiences??

HiSense 55″ FLAT ULED SMART – M7000 | 55M7000UWG (uses ULED technology?) link

HiSense 65″ FLAT ULED SMART – M7000 | 65M7000UWG (uses ELED technology?) link

bokka1

Expert Member
Does anyone have either of these tv's and care to share their experiences??

HiSense 55″ FLAT ULED SMART – M7000 | 55M7000UWG (uses ULED technology?) link

HiSense 65″ FLAT ULED SMART – M7000 | 65M7000UWG (uses ELED technology?) link
I have the 55M7000 and an very happy with it.

The XboxX works perfectly with it and the HDR 4K looks stunning.

Ghoster79

Got the 55" FHD 3D smart and the 32" HD ready and haven't had a single issue with either. The 55 is at least 2 years old and the 32 about 3 years. The only small gripes I have with the 55" are:

The TV does take a while to actually get the picture on the screen - I assume this is because it runs on android and takes a couple seconds to boot up - its not excessively long, but not very quick either.
The sound is adequate - not great and not horrible.
YouTube videos stutter - even though I'm nowhere near buffering

As far as everything else on the unit - very happy so far.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Got Roku to stream Youtube and theatre system for sound. At under R8K it looks like a good deal.

techead

Honorary Master
I have the 55M7000 and an very happy with it.

The XboxX works perfectly with it and the HDR 4K looks stunning.
So it is HDR then.

I see you are in CPT. Any chance I can come take a look? :eek:

techead

Honorary Master
and can someone please confirm what on earth the difference is between ULED and ELED?

It's the difference between the 55" and 65"

blowdart18

65K3300UW - 65inch - Bought it on special from Makro, very happy with the ability of the TV. Apart from it being the largest TV I have ever bought, the colours are crisp and the TV quality is amazing.

Works great with the PS4 and other streaming devices, if you have 4k content then the TV really shows what it can do.

techead

Honorary Master
65K3300UW - 65inch - Bought it on special from Makro, very happy with the ability of the TV. Apart from it being the largest TV I have ever bought, the colours are crisp and the TV quality is amazing.

Works great with the PS4 and other streaming devices, if you have 4k content then the TV really shows what it can do.
you sure that model number is correct? Cant find anything on Makro or pricecheck

Did manage to find this 55" version http://www.hisense.co.za/?s=K3300UW

Looks like yours is DLED, whereas the one I linked above is ELED which , from what I am reading online, is better to stay away from.

What year and how much did that set you back for the 65" ?