Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Quick and easy porkchops. Salt, pepper, paprika and then 10 mins on 180/5 mins on 200.

Nice and juicy and lekker crackling.
View attachment 654792
Did a similar except I used garlic and onion powder as well.

Came out very lekker, just need to decrease cook time so it's a bit more pink.

My biggest failure is not writing **** down while I use the thing because it's just so quick that I forget. Then next time I make the same mistakes.

It’s R2799 today on daily deal at takealot. I bought it yesterday at game for about R2619. Just went to game and they beat the cheapest price I showed them online by 10%. Made chips yesterday was super easy and tasted great.

abudabi

Expert Member
Mine smokes a lot. Like now I've taken it out the dishwasher and put some frozen battered fish in there. 10 mins on 200 and it looks like a steam train.

What gives?

Edit: no the top element was clean.

Polly101

no pics cos the look and the taste don't do it justice - but Aubergine / brinjal / eggplant are yummy
slice into rounds, with salt / pepper / olive oil
7 mins on 180, shake; 5 mins on 180 to get the other sides done

delish!

Bundu

Expert Member
no pics cos the look and the taste don't do it justice - but Aubergine / brinjal / eggplant are yummy
slice into rounds, with salt / pepper / olive oil
7 mins on 180, shake; 5 mins on 180 to get the other sides done

delish!
I'm definitely going to try this!

Alfiebadseed

Mine smokes a lot. Like now I've taken it out the dishwasher and put some frozen battered fish in there. 10 mins on 200 and it looks like a steam train.

What gives?

When cooking something oily put a little bit of water in the bottom.

When the oil drips on to the bottom pan @ 200* it smokes, with a bit of water in the bottom this doesn’t happen.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

What gives?

What oil are you using? I can only think that would be the problem.

abudabi

Expert Member
No oil... was woolies battered hake with VERY little oil at the bottom of the pan when it was done.
Will try the water trick.

Thanks!

Bundu

Expert Member
No oil... was woolies battered hake with VERY little oil at the bottom of the pan when it was done.
Will try the water trick.

Thanks!

I've also noticed that it's not always necessary to blast your food at 200C - I make delicious crispy lamb chops at 180C and no smoke

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I've also noticed that it's not always necessary to blast your food at 200C - I make delicious crispy lamb chops at 180C and no smoke
Was about to say it could very well be the 200C at fault here.

I only remember getting smoke right in the beginning.