Philips Airfryer - anyone have?

HunterNW

Honorary Master
How does this compare ?

Pegasus

Executive Member

Cheaper at Milex site.

Think i want one.
Had one for 4 days now and they are great.
Cooked 8 meals.
Chicken wings and pork rashers for lunch today.

Will see how frozen mamas pies go tonight.

clickingbuttons

What temp and time do you use?
And do you remove the foil try.

From what I could google, they say 25 min at 180 and remove from foil.
I would definitely not remove the foil. I leave the foil on every time and it's just fine.

25 minutes at 180 will be way too long. Try 15 minutes first at 180 and see if it's good.
I put a frozen pie straight into the airfryer for 15-20 minutes. But it is a Philips. A bit superior to others.

*When it is not breaking
I too have the Philips one, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll try next time without "defrosting" the pies and see how that goes, thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Pegasus

Executive Member
I would definitely not remove the foil. I leave the foil on every time and it's just fine.

25 minutes at 180 will be way too long. Try 15 minutes first at 180 and see if it's good.

I too have the Philips one, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll try next time without "defrosting" the pies and see how that goes, thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:
Thanks

18 min at 180 from frozen was perfect.

Fox1

Executive Member
PSA: Takealot has Airfryers on special.

Edit: Not super cheap, but pandemic special.

RedViking

Nord of the South
This has now become the

"Let's post all the crap on the market" thread.

/spits

Hamster

Resident Rodent
How does this compare ?

This one is in our cupboard stored away, it was our third halogen oven (I know they call it an "air fryer" as well). It's done it's job and needed replacing, hence the air fryer.

It's a much better and more versatile device than the air fryer. The only downside is that it's more difficult to clean.

Next time round, back to the halogen oven for me.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
This one is in our cupboard stored away, it was our third halogen oven (I know they call it an "air fryer" as well). It's done it's job and needed replacing, hence the air fryer.

It's a much better and more versatile device than the air fryer. The only downside is that it's more difficult to clean.

Next time round, back to the halogen oven for me.
Well, mine was delivered yesterday. GF will test it over the weekend.

RedViking

Nord of the South
My people, any PHILIPS XL airfryers available for a good price. Finally after 3 months I got refunded by Loot.