Aphrael

Expert Member
Well, I've scanned through about 2 years worth of posts and I did not see this topic, so now I'm bringing it up.

I have two questions:
1.) Would you recommend buying a pillow protector?
2.) How often do you buy new pillows?

Reason I'm asking is this...
I have brittle bones. My spine is not straight. As a result, I am quite hard on my pillows. I've found that the best way to sleep is lying on top of the pillow (which is a feather pillow) as this takes the pressure off my back. If I don't do this, usually, I don't sleep well at all.
Anyway, I woke up at about 3am this morning to find my pillowcase very wet. It seems that I drool as I sleep. :eek: ... I don't remember it being as bad as recently. I also have a chronic post nasal drip, which was even sorted a few months ago by flushing the sinuses, but it just came back.
I just got to thinking ... what kind of effect could all my saliva be having on the feathers in my pillow? I hate to think of it, but could it lead to some kind of bacterial growth within my pillow :sick: which I am then inhaling again which is preventing me from getting better?

Amazing what one thinks about at 3am :rolleyes:... Any thoughts, please?

killadoob

Honorary Master
399 for pillow good lord haha, guess if it is good it may be worth 400 bucks though.

Mila

Honorary Master
Memory foam pillow. And It has a protector and a pillow chasing. I do not think i would be able to wash the pillow. The rest is feather pillows, we have 6 pillows on the bed plaus a 5foot pillow.

Aphrael

Expert Member
Guys, you're missing my question here. I like my feather pillow. I asked how often you buy new pillows. Do you buy a set and use them for years and years? I read or heard somewhere that one should buy new pillows every year.

Please read my post again. Thanks

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Guys, you're missing my question here. I like my feather pillow. I asked how often you buy new pillows. Do you buy a set and use them for years and years? I read or heard somewhere that one should buy new pillows every year.

Verimark Aeropaedic pillow... very nice! R399.00

Mila

Honorary Master
Normal pillows every year. These other pillows last for years. Feather pillows: mine is a year old and i do not feel the need to replace them. You can dry clean feather stuff or use the new steam washer ( LG) And yes I use protectors on my pillows because you do not need to replace them unless you have ruined them with smoke and water.

Ou grote

Honorary Master

I got a Pillozzz for R350 from Mr Price home, they're pretty good.

You replace pillows whenever you want to.

Mila

Honorary Master
To support you while playing Playstation in bed on cold and rainy days:D:D

Two pillows is never enough:D

And Bf has the xbox in the living room on the big screen so i'm stuck with the bed and a normal tv.:eek:

Ou grote

Honorary Master
To support you while playing Playstation in bed on cold and rainy days:D:D

Two pillows is never enough:D

And Bf has the xbox in the living room on the big screen so i'm stuck with the bed and a normal tv.:eek:

Ah, so Xbox is for men and Playstation for chicks.
Go post that in the console section. ;)

guest2013-1

Gaming pillows are the ones you can sit on and fart without nobody caring because they're not the ones you sleep on

RustyPrincess

Expert Member
I saw something on tv, that if you place you hand underneath, in the middle of your pillow, and it flops down rather badly over your hand, then you need a new one, as yours is probably saturated with who knows what. I'm not sure if this applies to feather pillows, but it does to those ones filled with polyester fibres.

Try it with a new feather pillow in a shop and compare it to yours...

Hot_Chocolate

Expert Member
I have had my pillow for I dunno how long (got it in primary school). It is stuffed with bits of sponge. I've had to replace hubby's pillows quite a few times (about once a year). But mine I can always just fluff up again. But then again, I can wash my pillow in the washing machine.

I can't advise on feather pillows though, as I don't like it. And hubby gets allergic reaction from sleeping on feather pillows