Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

Trecastelli in Blouberg when I can get there.

Delicious pizza. Decent Italian breakfast. My #1 for cappuccino. And damned fine confectionary.
pizza-italiana.jpg
View attachment 1648275

Also: A super comfortable place. Laid back and no pretention.
Rented a flat just across the street when we were in the Cape last. Went to Ciao which was also good just because Trecastelli was always packed. Top neighbourhood. Loved the feel of it.
 
These are what I ended up with

View attachment 1648245
The Divella tomato sauce turned out nice. Bit of oregano, salt, chilli flakes, and a hint of sugar. I'll probably stick with the uncooked sauce for NY style, like it's supposed to be.

Best pizzas yet from the Milex... but I may have done my old food processor a bit of damage making the dough - upgrade time.
 
The Divella tomato sauce turned out nice. Bit of oregano, salt, chilli flakes, and a hint of sugar. I'll probably stick with the uncooked sauce for NY style, like it's supposed to be.

Best pizzas yet from the Milex... but I may have done my old food processor a bit of damage making the dough - upgrade time.
Excellent! No pics? :)
 
Me have asked before but does anyone have one of these or a generic and have thoughts on it

 
Though a quick google suggests that the yellow flame of these ovens vs the blue of stove tops could produce more carbon monoxide? Just a thought but again I'm no expert this is based off a quick google
One more takeaway from last night's pizza'fest. The newly installed CO detector didn't trigger so either it's defective and I am slowly inching my way towards an untimely demise or, and this is the one I'm hoping for, there is minimal CO being released into the kitchen.

Me have asked before but does anyone have one of these or a generic and have thoughts on it

@Ocali was given a double version: Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
 
One more takeaway from last night's pizza'fest. The newly installed CO detector didn't trigger so either it's defective and I am slowly inching my way towards an untimely demise or, and this is the one I'm hoping for, there is minimal CO being released into the kitchen.


@Ocali was given a double version: Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
@Ocali you thoughts pls?
 
One more takeaway from last night's pizza'fest. The newly installed CO detector didn't trigger so either it's defective and I am slowly inching my way towards an untimely demise or, and this is the one I'm hoping for, there is minimal CO being released into the kitchen.
Interesting! Could be nice in winter
 
Interesting! Could be nice in winter
It will be but it's a real gas burner. My 3kg bottle only has about 1/3 left after maybe 16 pizzas? Fortunately NY style pizzas cook at a lower temp than Neapolitan.
 
reminds me i need that flour...want to see if i can produce dough in that bread master...
 
I’m in Finland for work, it’s minus fscking Baltic freezing outside so I jumped into the first takeaway nearest the hotel. Huge array of pizzas available so I asked him for the most popular one. Donner kebab meat, chicken, onion, fries and some cheesy type sauce on top. It was really good. Great base too.

IMG_3201.jpeg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X