Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Good

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Average

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 16 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Gary Lilley

MWEB:
Value-for-money = Average
Network quality = Good
General service = Pathetic (customer service)

Bmax17

Price not bad compared to others.
General service levels are good
Fibre connectivity not stable, drops connection quite often

Oli

Value for money is average
Network connectivity fluctuates a lot
Service is decent

phpta

understand that Mweb are just my supplier of Rain fixed lte service but expected them to have more clout with Rain if after complaining about download speed of 1-2 Mbps for them to say 'Rain says there's nothing they can do if tower is congested' - it reflects poorly on Mweb

ahmedomar

MWEB:
Value-for-money = Good
Network quality = Average
General service = Good

I quite like their My Account online interface, wherever it does have room for improvement. They should provide the ability to upgrade/downgrade line as well pay your account directly from their online platform. The interface is also quite dated.

igi

MWEB:
Value-for-money = Average
Network quality = Good
General service = Very Good(customer service)

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Value-for-money = Kak (poor), their vague FUP doesn't give you any control over your usage.
Network quality = Poor - have frequent loss of connection and random ping spikes, lag and throttling, despite being on an uncapped account.
General service = Poor, their response times are poor, have to make many phone calls to get something resolved. Lots of broken promises.

Tjaark

Pricing is about the most expensive across various formats. Email address R 49 pm. Up from 29 pm a year ago

Jimmy-Z

Value-for-money = Average. No FUP, just like most ISP's. Apparently they throttle torrents, but I haven't checked.
Network quality = Excellent. I've had no issues since I've switched to fibre. No fluctuations whatsoever in the 6 months I've had fibre.
General service = Excellent. They had me up & running within an hour or 2. Line upgrades took a day, but was super easy.

CTPC

Good value for money. Reliable.
Long time holding on when calling call centre.
Agents should not challenge already upset clients, specially if they talk nonsense.
Still better than Vodacom call centre

Jimmy-Z

Value-for-money = Kak (poor), their vague FUP doesn't give you any control over your usage.
Network quality = Poor - have frequent loss of connection and random ping spikes, lag and throttling, despite being on an uncapped account.
General service = Poor, their response times are poor, have to make many phone calls to get something resolved. Lots of broken promises.
There's no FUP at all. I'm averaging about 4TB a month since I got fibre ;) But, apparently they still shape torrents during the day.

EttySh

My fibre order experience hasn't been a good one.
"Fibre is HERE", now wait 5 months, and then I find out my landlord and I can't both have fibre (after initially being told I could order fibre as there would be 4 lines per property).
After reaching agreement with landlord I proceeded with order. Was told activation would take 24 to 48 hours. After a 72 hour wait, MWEB asked me to contact SADV on their behalf to get order status updated so that they could proceed with activation.... and still I wait. Not impressed.
I just hope the fibre is faster than their business processes when I am eventually activated.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
There's no FUP at all. I'm averaging about 4TB a month since I got fibre ;) But, apparently they still shape torrents during the day.
There most certainly is a FUP, they just don’t specify thresholds, they do it on a -as needed (when we feel like you’ve had enough) basis.

My 10mbps line is currently at 0.5mbps.

Jimmy-Z

There most certainly is a FUP, they just don’t specify thresholds, they do it on a -as needed (when we feel like you’ve had enough) basis.

My 10mbps line is currently at 0.5mbps.
I confirmed with their sales guys, there is no FUP on fibre. I would have been throttled ages ago if there was. With ADSL I was throttled every other month. Lol

Simeon Steynberg

MWeb
Costly for not so good performance. Download and upload speed average. General Service good.

But - there are many SP's with better performance. I will go Fibre with other SP.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I confirmed with their sales guys, there is no FUP on fibre. I would have been throttled ages ago if there was. With ADSL I was throttled every other month. Lol
https://www.mweb.co.za/help/Fibre/ViewArticle/tabid/4425/Article/31448/Fibre-Speed-and-Performance-Uncapped-Usage-Thresholds.aspx

"
Customers who choose an uncapped service generally do so for the convenience of not having to worry about cap sizes and buying boosters. Even on an Uncapped service though we need to impose some reasonable limitations and what's proven to be the most reliable way to do this is called throttling. What this means, quite simply, is that we will never cut off anyone's access to the Internet (so a true Uncapped experience), but when they reach a certain usage threshold we will temporarily reduce their speed.

Just how temporary? That's entirely up to you. Unlike some providers that will place customers on a reduced speed for the remainder of the month, MWEB uses what we call a 30 day rolling window to measure usage thresholds. This means that we look at your average daily usage over the last 30 days to determine your status. If you find yourself in a throttled state, simply reducing your usage for a couple of days is usually all it takes to get back to full speed!

The precise rules of how throttling is applied are listed below - this will be very familiar to customers coming from one of our Uncapped ADSL Products."

I trust we can move on from this now?

EttySh

Pricing is about the most expensive across various formats. Email address R 49 pm. Up from 29 pm a year ago
I took the 5GB ADSL package even though I had no phone line a while back just to retain my email address, as I was informed this was my cheapest option. My loyalty to my email address has proven to be the only thing holding me to MWEB. I wish we could "port" email address the way we can port a phone number.

Jimmy-Z

https://www.mweb.co.za/help/Fibre/ViewArticle/tabid/4425/Article/31448/Fibre-Speed-and-Performance-Uncapped-Usage-Thresholds.aspx

"
Customers who choose an uncapped service generally do so for the convenience of not having to worry about cap sizes and buying boosters. Even on an Uncapped service though we need to impose some reasonable limitations and what's proven to be the most reliable way to do this is called throttling. What this means, quite simply, is that we will never cut off anyone's access to the Internet (so a true Uncapped experience), but when they reach a certain usage threshold we will temporarily reduce their speed.

Just how temporary? That's entirely up to you. Unlike some providers that will place customers on a reduced speed for the remainder of the month, MWEB uses what we call a 30 day rolling window to measure usage thresholds. This means that we look at your average daily usage over the last 30 days to determine your status. If you find yourself in a throttled state, simply reducing your usage for a couple of days is usually all it takes to get back to full speed!

The precise rules of how throttling is applied are listed below - this will be very familiar to customers coming from one of our Uncapped ADSL Products."

I trust we can move on from this now?
I saw the exact same thing when I wanted more info on their FUP. I got told it doesn't apply & was supposed to be taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.