Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • Good

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Average

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 16 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janvlwen

So far we cannot complain at all about MWeb's service, so I do not have any suggestions as to what they can do better their service.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am still on Mweb, premium, until Cool Ideas are ready with the switch over. Mweb, what is there to say? They are average, average at everything. Weird, and really weird latencies that I experience with them in regard to gaming and I am talking about local, it is like a you shall not peer situation. My backup ISP account don't have these weird latencies and they are non-IS related. Then again, I use VPN Unlimited and it seems to get along great with Mweb.

So yah, their Achilles Heel in my opinion is customer care, but the service is okay I guess. Billing, let's not talk about billing - most ISPs are struggling with billing.

RothwellP

We are doing a forum survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
They can upgrade their lines from 2meg to 8meg in the Mitchell's plain area. So please upgrade urgently.

Ghost in the Machine

MWEB ADSL (2 Mbps)

Value-for-money = Average
Network quality = Poor
General service = Good

To be fair to MWeb the problems I've experienced with connectivity have been largely down to a poor ADSL line supplied by Telkom. The attenuation and noise on the line haven't improved much in the last 10 years or so, but that is not MWeb's fault. It does mean however that I've never been able to connect at the advertised speed of 2 Mbps. On a good day I get 1.2 Mbps, if I'm lucky.

I've spoken to MWeb tech support many times over the years, and they've always been helpful, but there is only so much you can do when Helkom has a monopoly on fixed lines. Which leaves me generally disappointed in my Internet service and performance.

Sumen

Expert Member
Service = Excellent

Value for money = average, prices are not too expensive but neither are they cheap, we also need to take into consideration that they have a higher FUP threshold compared to other ISPs.

Network Quality = dependent on Cell C

Soekende

Hi have fixed LTE on Cell C.
MWeb pricing on this offering = Average
Service by MWeb = Average
Network speed / quality = Poor
MWEB Customer web site ease of navigation = Poor

glopher

Speed is okay, but traffic is shaped on capped and uncapped accounts. I made a video of it. So you'll have to purchase a VPN account if you want speedy P2P downloads.
Price is very competitive.
Network is stable, much more than Telkom's. Have only had to reset my router about 5 times in the last year. With Telkom, this was required almost daily.

phronque

Call centre queue takes some time to clear, have waited 20 minutes for an agent. Would be good to have more agents/seats. Generally agents seem to be knowledgeable and have usually helped me. I have good general network knowledge so my problems are not the normal "have you tried switching the router/NNT/CPE off and on". :)

Cfeesoh

your customer service is really bad I had to wait for month for installation

SAM45

Have been with Mweb for about 8 months now. Only had to reset router once. I have a 10mb uncapped ftth. customer service is very good....once you get through. I've been throttled 3 times. Latency between 11 and 12. Speed quite consistent on Dstv and broadband speed test which mostly shows 9.97mbps. Unfortunately the throttling is what won't keep me with them as everything is internet based especially streaming and it has become quite annoying when during those periods. Still doing my research and CISP would be my next option as I've heard that for the same speed uncapped it's cheaper and they don't throttle or shape your package.

eyc

Value-for-money = Average
Network quality = Good
General service = Excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.