• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Please Rate MWEB

Rate MWEB, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Good

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Average

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 19 12.7%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Value for Money: Not great
Network quality: Good
General service satisfaction: Average

Their support does seem to work when I've required it. I did have Mweb way back in the early 2000s and only got them again three years ago and it's not been too bad.

Value for Money: I'm on a Premium 6MBit line, generally get a little bit more than that, never under 4, which is quite surprising. Download a lot of stuff (work from home) and I've never been throttled once, even one month hitting 225GB. So for what I'm paying, it's great.

Network Quality: Never have issues.
General Service Satisfaction: Average - dealing with their call-centre is a pain.

Still moving to Fibre as soon as it's live in my area though.

CTPC

Value for Money: Not great (could be cheaper)
Network quality: Good (Very little interruptions)
General service satisfaction: Good
Support always could help me. Vodacom and Telkom Call centres can come learn something from MWEB.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
As my ISP I will still rate them as average when I do have to compare them to their competition. However, ever since more users are migrating to alternative service providers (and services) the service, in general, has improved, but still average on the table.

Not poor, not good, only average.

KingBel

Expert Member
Value for money: Not great (I am on 10mb premium which is more expensive than a 100mb fibre line)
Network Quality: Haven't had issues in a long time. Initially struggled with being sent from pillar to post with Telkom and Mweb blaming each other for the problems.
General Service Satisfaction: Relatively good.. Haven't had to phone them in more than a year.

Bat1Heavy

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate MWEB based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what MWEB does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
I find their charges a bit high in the SA context and very high internationally.

Their network is great for me and I find their response to problem solving very good indeed.

I have been a customer for seven years and I look around often but so far I haven't found anything that attracts me enough to change. Unfortunately I live in the very deep South where fibre has not yet been discovered but when it gets here I may reconsider.

Sweep

Overall very satisfied for my needs. Been with them since they took over Iafrica.

Value for Money: Great (For what I need and use)
Network quality: Good
General service satisfaction: good

I have an IT background so can do most things for myself. Their support has always been good when I needed it. Keep me informed of telkom/eskom faillures in the area affecting service. Overall very satisfied.

justplain

Expert Member
Speed - I'm on 10mb uncapped fibre and the speed is as advertised.
Service - I use an mweb provided Zyxel fibre router and they have not released any firmware updates - which is not great.
price - okay'ish. I'd have hoped for a reduction in price for services or a bump in speed, not a price increase from R599 to R629 for 10mb uncapped.

Tjaark

Two prices increases in less than 12 months and that is just for an email account that has been with them for 20 years.

Liberty1988

I find their reliability very good but their pricing is becoming less and less competitive in relation to their competition. Customer service generally quite good and line speeds usually stable. Main concern is their pricing that hasn't improved when their competitors are offering cheaper options, instead MWeb recently increased their prices.

krugie

I'm generally happy with M-Web but the Customer Support needs some jacking up. I find it irritating that they can no longer be contact via e-mail but only via the call centre - which often have you in a queue forever.

ReeceDBN031

Value for Money: Not great
Network quality: Sometimes good
General service satisfaction: Average

for me, I have had a 10mb line with Mweb for a while. 200gig capped adsl.

countless times I have called and complained because we only manage about 8.23mb/s. only after I call and moan and moan does it shoot up.. theeeennn drops back down after a wile. just think its real nonsense to pay for 10mb but get 8mb speeds.. so I hope mweb is reading this and PMs me and fixes my issues

zytec

Value for Money: Not great (could be cheaper)
Network quality: Good (Very little interruptions)
General service satisfaction: Good

Value for money : definitely too expensive. Data in South Africa is very expensive compared to other countries.
Network quality fair, often system down.
General service satisfaction : fair.

Mweb not great value for many.Still waiting for a reply I ssent them regarding a problem I had 3 weeks ago.Would have not used Mweb in the first place had I known how unhelpful and disorganized they are.

As my ISP I will still rate them as average when I do have to compare them to their competition. However, ever since more users are migrating to alternative service providers (and services) the service, in general, has improved, but still average on the table.

Not poor, not good, only average.
Same here just average especially in PE

MWEB - Cell C LTE-A

Value for Money: My signal is OFF more than ON recently
Network quality: Pathetic
General service satisfaction: Poor (I am still waiting for proper assistance)

Knowing what I know now.... I would not touch this service provider with a 100m stick.
One way or another, this nightmare has to end!

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Same here just average especially in PE
Lacklustre. They changed the landscape with Rudi Jansen. Then dug a trench when he moved on, only to spectate the competition marching onwards. See how ‘Free the Web’ turned out, winning the people’s hearts only to have those avid supporters receive a bypass.

rh1

Value for money. Average. Expensive if you exceed your cap.
Network Quality: Average. I never get my vdsl40mb but i dont experience buffering when streaming

Satisfaction: not really. I moved from Crystal Web in June. I already had a 1gb account for emails at mweb and used them as a stop gap until fibre rolled out in my area. Installation due on Friday. Downgraded back to 1gb email account only