Please Rate Webafrica

Rate Webafrica, based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

• Excellent

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Good

Votes: 51 33.3%
  • Average

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 23 15.0%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Webafrica based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Webafrica does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Very slow LTE connection during peak hours. Such that the service cannot be used during peak times for streaming of even sometime browsing. Contacted Webafrica first time, sent me a couple of technical requests upon which I sent them speedtest.net screen shots. Suddenly the connection was fine again. Couple months later same problem, same request with no response for weeks now.

porchrat

Honorary Master
I've just signed up with them last week. So far a very poor connection at peak times. Over 300ms and around 10% packet loss. Their support staff have not been the most helpful so far. Responses around how it can't be the data connection, it must be the line... a line failure that only shows up at peak times... intersting.

Anyway so far I'm quite disappointed.

Web Africa was great on my 40mbps VDSL, but after upgrading to 100mbps Fibre I've had non-stop problems with high latency and packet loss in online games. Support keeps telling me to do a Speedtest but that doesn't test the volatility of a persistent connection. The only reason I haven't switched ISPs is because I don't know if it's on Web Africa's side or if it's due to the new fibre network itself.

I've had issues with poor network conditions in my area (Cape Flats) - seems like we're not a priority since each time I report it, I'm basically told "Our network is fine" and ignored. This mostly happens during peak hours.

When the network is ok (off-peak), then it's actually good value for money. Still waiting on feedback from them on when the Cape Flats is going to get some decent fibre coverage, as I see all the areas around me are covered, but looks like the trenching is stalled just outside of my reach - been stalled for over a year now . . . again, there's no incentive for them to provide for 'low income' areas, so I guess I'm bang out of luck.

Their helpdesk staff is always friendly, but it's mostly a friendly 'Our network is fine' message, but I wish more companies would hire friendly staff like this - even though they're not helping me out much, I at least don't feel attacked when dealing with their staff.

Hectic

Executive Member
Rating:
6/10

I have a small business capped account.

Speeds are generally good for me, but I rarely use the account, so can't comment on all aspects.

The client portal is okay, but not the best for me.

gelid

I've only been with Webafrica for 2 months but my fiber line is stable and maintains its great ping during peak times. Support was friendly enough the one time i phoned them

ALANMACZA

Mostly good, but recently their way of dealing with a problem regarding an account payment leaves me wondering whether I will be using them for a fibre account in the future.

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Speed keeps dropping to half for no apparent reason, support is entirely worthless and likes to close tickets and hope that you forget about them. Fiber connection.

There were Openserve issues on the weekend of the 9th of September, I logged a fault (business fibre), and I was asked to reset my router (standard "have you turned it off and on again" support response)
To humour the support guy, I did this twice, and asked them to escalate. They claimed there was no issue, which suggests that they have no clue about what was actually going on - I then signed up with Cool Ideas to move to them.. and was very pleased to see in their client portal that THEY were aware of the issue... Going to be very happy to move to them

pancakes

After my last dealings with WebAfrica / 1-Grid (or whatever they call themselves now), I won't touch them with a barge pole.

Sometimes router goes offline and needs rebooting, but generally stable and good value, but would like unused data rolled over pls. Service has been good too.

I have been with Webafrica since I had my ADSL installed and now fibre.
The line speed is very decent on fibre, admittedly I went for the 100/100 line. Weirdly the browsing speed often does not feel like 100MB, but given the speeds I was getting I was not unimpressed.
Of late though they downgraded my line speed without telling me to 100/50, plus I am having issues streaming Youtube from time to time.

Calling the call center can be a pain, but I have been fortunate enough to have had good connectivity for months on end

Morolis

Have been with them (Web Africa) for well over a year. Have had only one outage and that was due to a Vumatel outage. All in all great stability and service. Now and then though if I do a speed test I do not always get my 20/20 speeds; I would love to know I am guaranteed the linespeeds I am paying for!

blaakies

I've only had periodic issues while on their fibre solution when it use to drop at 12:00 and 14:00 but its been great so far. Almost 2 years now.

We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Webafrica based on value-for-money, network quality, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Webafrica does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.
I am generally happy with their contact centre and customer portal. They do tend to pass the buck when the service is slow or non-existent - I had huge issues when I wanted to use their VOIP service and have my number ported. The connection is often slow and interrupted. There is very little customer communication so that loyalty may be increased.

ChasI

Also please tell us what Webafrica does well, and where they can improve, by posting in this thread.
I have entry level capped ISP from WebAfrica on Openserve fibre for about a year now.
Internet service is stable . Their VOIP service is not reliable; I do get errors making calls and no response when I report a problem. There is very little customer communication so general service is not satisfactory

Last edited: