Please recommend an Air Fly Mouse from Amazon

Saajid

Expert Member
I'm looking for a good Air Fly Mouse / Remote to use on my HTPC setup in the living room.

Budget is R500 / $50. What do you recommend? I will be ordering off Amazon.com

Ideally, it should be able to wake my HTPC from sleep, control the mouse pointer, and have a decent keyboard. It should also be small enough for single-handed use.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
I bought one from DX...and since I bought my S4 I hardle ever use it. If you have and Android phone and XBMC there are loads of apps in the Play Store

Saajid

Expert Member
I decided to go with this one, mainly because it has IR as well. So I can reduce 3 devices (keyboard, mouse, TV remote) to one. The IR in could be used to reduce remotes of future devices too (gaming console, set top box, media player, etc).

I hope it doesn't suck.

Saajid

Expert Member
I bought one from DX...and since I bought my S4 I hardle ever use it. If you have and Android phone and XBMC there are loads of apps in the Play Store

Also have an S4, but I need a device that will stay in the TV room permanently, for the rest of the family (incl. kids) to use.

AVSupply

AV Supply representative
Company Rep
I decided to go with this one, mainly because it has IR as well. So I can reduce 3 devices (keyboard, mouse, TV remote) to one. The IR in could be used to reduce remotes of future devices too (gaming console, set top box, media player, etc).

I hope it doesn't suck.

Looks like a nice remote and the IR learning feature is a plus. Let me know how it works out?

Thanks

Saajid

Expert Member
Looks like a nice remote and the IR learning feature is a plus. Let me know how it works out?

Thanks

Will do... It was the most popular remote I could find on Amazon with the features I wanted. Rating wasn't that great - 3.5/5, but it had over 200 customer reviews. Other devices had higher reviews, but very of them. I would trust a 3.5 from 200 people more than I would a 4 or 5 star review from 10 people.