poor internation upload speeds Cool Ideas

dillydog

I just want to make sure that I am getting the optimal upload speeds, you mentioned in a PM possibly tweaking the MTU settings on the router...What do you suggest? Or is this just something that I need to live with? What is strange to me is that the speed tests were fine when done through another provider, so it does seem to be some sort of optimization issue between the provider and the CISP network. I was told by the provider that they do things "differently" but they refused to elaborate. They seemed to try to use this to have me sign directly with them. I want to stay with CISP.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I just want to make sure that I am getting the optimal upload speeds, you mentioned in a PM possibly tweaking the MTU settings on the router...What do you suggest? Or is this just something that I need to live with? What is strange to me is that the speed tests were fine when done through another provider, so it does seem to be some sort of optimization issue between the provider and the CISP network. I was told by the provider that they do things "differently" but they refused to elaborate. They seemed to try to use this to have me sign directly with them. I want to stay with CISP.
Your issue is a completely unrelated one to international which the proxy is there to test with, I am still busy with your case will update shortly.

chrisGolf

There are some tweaks you can do to improve windows window scaling on outbound but it's a dumb stack not designed this way. Hence the recommendation to use the Linux proxy.
thanks PBCool. Just also find it interesting that I'm the only one that seems to be having this problem with international upload on windows?

dillydog

Your issue is a completely unrelated one to international which the proxy is there to test with, I am still busy with your case will update shortly.
Thank you PBCool i do appreciate your effort!