Porting Vodacom number to FNB Connect

Pufferfish94

Hey guys,

I am looking to end my contract with Vodacom as I am still happy with my current phone and would like to move to a contract that just gives me data and minutes.

When comparing Vodacom and FNB there is no denying that FNB has much better value for money.

My question is, would it be possible to cancel my contract with Vodacom and move to FNB connect but keep my number?

Also if I decide to move back to Vodacom at some point, will I be able to keep my number then?

Thanks!

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Indeed yes, went from MTN to FNB for about 2 years and last month took my number back to MTN. MTNs network is better than CellC.

Though after I did that I remembered that cell c will now roam on MTN so my connectivity issues could have been sorted out

In any case, the MTN deal was more cost effective than going with any of the FNB offerings

biometrics

Honorary Master
Yes.

Moved from VC to FNB end 2016. Very happy. The flexi month to month contract is great, make up your own package.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yes.

Inform Vodacom you want to end your contract and move over to Prepaid.

Once on Prepaid get an FNB SIM card.

Then request the porting once you’ve activated the FNB SIM.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The easiest and safest way is to move your Vodacom number to prepaid. Once that is done porting is very easy. No forms no fuss. FNB uses Cellc's network so just take not that you might not be happy with the quality as MTN and Vodacom are the best networks in SA.

You can port your number every 60 days when you are on prepaid or month to month offerings.

Pufferfish94

Don't do it
Curious why you say this?

I really don't use my phone for non app/wifi related things very often. I make the add call, maybe 1 a week, and the mobile data will pretty much be to send and receive Whatsapp messages while I am not at works/home.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Curious why you say this?

I really don't use my phone for non app/wifi related things very often. I make the add call, maybe 1 a week, and the mobile data will pretty much be to send and receive Whatsapp messages while I am not at works/home.
Security wise not a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Is it effective immediately when one requests to move from Vodacom contract to prepaid? Thinking of porting to Telkom Mobile in the coming weeks.