Possible solution to rain slow network (worked really well for me)

Spalding#1

Check the first link in the description of this video . It has a direct download link.
Good Evening

I downloaded and did everything according to video but i get this attached message when i ran the LTE 2500 TDD Rain B38.Bat file. Did i do something wrong perhaps?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-31 19.19.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-31 19.19.37.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 46

Dunshire ZA

Alright guys, so the trick is to identify the least congested wifi channel. Believe it or not, it actually works, then use 1.1.1.1 as your primary dns and 1.0.0.1 as your preferred dns (i am sure many people know about this but i believe i should post it)

Run a speed test in order to get a baseline

Step 1.
download an app called Netgear wifi analytics

Step 2.
Connect to your rain wifi using your phone (the trick is to move around your house and check where you get great signal. The app will scan and show where the signal is good. (stay with me guys)

Step 3.
Once you have found an area with good signal, click on the "round shaped" icon next to the wifi icon on the netgear app (to show list of channels.) look for one that is shown as great or best (you want best)

Step 4. Login to your router portal (192.168.8.1)

Step 5. Change the channel on wifi advanced settings and choose the channel (that u found to be the best on the app)

Step 6. Save and put your dns settings either in the router (or on your computer dns settings found on your network settings) I put my dns settings in the router directly

run a speed test and confirm.

Let me know if it works or if you need help. I found this on youtube and it works for me
Alright guys, so the trick is to identify the least congested wifi channel. Believe it or not, it actually works, then use 1.1.1.1 as your primary dns and 1.0.0.1 as your preferred dns (i am sure many people know about this but i believe i should post it)

Step 1.

Step 2.

Connect to your rain wifi using your phone (the trick is to move around your house and check where you get great signal. The app will scan and show where the signal is good. (stay with me guys)

Step 3.

Once you have found an area with good signal, click on the "round shaped" icon next to the wifi icon on the netgear app (to show list of channels.) look for one that is shown as great or best (you want best)

Step 5. Change the channel on wifi advanced settings and choose the channel (that u found to be the best on the app)

Step 6. Save and put your dns settings either in the router (or on your computer dns settings found on your network settings) I put my dns settings in the router directly

Let me know if it works or if you need help. I found this on youtube and it works for me

This made no difference, thanks for the effort though.

Fernandoo25

Alright guys, i think i have found a possible solution for the slow speeds on rain and it does not even require tinkering at a hardware level on your router. I tested this solution on a huawei b315s-936 router but it should work on all the routers that support the rain sim card. Let me know if anyone is interested and i will post the work around.... I am still doing further tests but i think i have nailed it. No it does not involve changing frequency bands at all.

Good day.

I would love to know how you can improve internet quality because I have three towers less then 1km away and yet am connected to a tower more then 10km away and speeds are very bad and unstable.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

War Horse

Okay but how do I fix it for my TV,cuz I'm watching Netflix with low quality

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Our IT / network guru at work explained it best when I asked him what he thinks of rain. His words: rain is great until it's not. Then it's (swear word deleted) (swear word deleted).

Nene13

Alright guys, i think i have found a possible solution for the slow speeds on rain and it does not even require tinkering at a hardware level on your router. I tested this solution on a huawei b315s-936 router but it should work on all the routers that support the rain sim card. Let me know if anyone is interested and i will post the work around.... I am still doing further tests but i think i have nailed it. No it does not involve changing frequency bands at all.
Hi I am interested if it's no too late :)

Nene13

Hi could you please send me your solution

ZestarDj

Well for me it worked and why don't you let people try and see instead of just posting rubbish without any use? i tried it and worked bud. hence why i posted for people to try.
Also on my side it did work and thanks for the sharing the knowledge with us..

Munrov

OK, what did you do

Cella98

Hi im really having trouble with my rain, i cant find
Hello, im really having a problem with Rain, its super slow, i cant seem to find where you have posted the solution everyone is talking about, plz help me, my email is {removed}

Last edited by a moderator: