Potential Scam Job Agency

TarnAlcock

Hi All,

First I would like to say that I am in no way claiming that this IS indeed a scam but I am a little worried and would like some advice if anyone here can give it.

I found a job on a google search, which lead to a Gumtree posting via livingstonerecruitment.com.

I submitted my CV to their website and got a call, from the recruitment agency, a few days later to tell me that my CV was being passed along to the company for review.

A couple more days later and I got a call from another person at the recruitment agency to say that I have been shortlisted and that I need to do a "Company Aptitude Assessment" at globalaptitudetesting.com. This is going to cost some money (waiting to find out how much) to procure a "certificate" which I must then pass on to the recruitment agency.

Now I really hope that it is the real deal as the job would be perfect for me, and I for it, however I am a little worried that this is a scam.

I have not seen any complaints about either company on the internet however I do see that the domain registrar is the same for both sites.

Has anyone had any dealings with either of these sites?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I wouldn't pay either to be honest. If the company was seriously short listing me as a possible employee then they would foot the bill.

R13...

Honorary Master
Maybe the "agency" exists to divert traffic to the aptitude thing

marlin178

Expert Member
Recruitment agencies make a K@Kload of money when they place a candidate so I doubt that a legit place would want you to pay for such a service.

Like others have said- stay away

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yup, any job hunting exercise where you have to pay anything is probably a scam.

skimread

Executive Member
Hi All,

First I would like to say that I am in no way claiming that this IS indeed a scam but I am a little worried and would like some advice if anyone here can give it.

I found a job on a google search, which lead to a Gumtree posting via livingstonerecruitment.com.

I submitted my CV to their website and got a call, from the recruitment agency, a few days later to tell me that my CV was being passed along to the company for review.

A couple more days later and I got a call from another person at the recruitment agency to say that I have been shortlisted and that I need to do a "Company Aptitude Assessment" at globalaptitudetesting.com. This is going to cost some money (waiting to find out how much) to procure a "certificate" which I must then pass on to the recruitment agency.

Now I really hope that it is the real deal as the job would be perfect for me, and I for it, however I am a little worried that this is a scam.

I have not seen any complaints about either company on the internet however I do see that the domain registrar is the same for both sites.

Has anyone had any dealings with either of these sites?
Did you post this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR2dSHSPCSo

The same guy Ryan Lloyd of Durban registered both addresses which probably means both sites have the same owner