"Printer cartridge scam"

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Hi all

Anyone dealt with the company before (Haltrex Systems)?

I did some research today and found this:
http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=3948

I find myself in the same boat now with a box of unordered cartridges send to us:mad:.

It was send via the Post Office and collected by one of my colleagues. Should I just take it back to the Post Office and RTS?

Last edited:

Bizkit87

Executive Member
All orders placed with Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd , shall only be accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions and Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd , may at any time and from time to time alter these Terms and Conditions of Sale and such altered Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply after notification by Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd , to the consumer. A binding contract for the sale of goods shall be deemed to come into existence when an offer to purchase goods from Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd, has been made by the buyer and subsequently accepted, by Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd, sending to the buyer an Order Acknowledgement Form and/or delivering the goods to the buyer.

Sounds suspicious, seems like they are pulling this Negative option billing

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Hi all

Anyone dealt with the company before?

I did some research today and found this:
http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/showthread.php?t=3948

I find myself in the same boat now with a box of unordered cartridges send to us:mad:.

It was send via the Post Office and collected by one of my colleagues. Should I just take it back to the Post Office and RTS?

STAY FAR AWAY!!!!

They came to our company delivering a 25Lt container of soap. I told the courier guy to go away we did not order the soap and I phoned Haltrex systems and told them the same thing!

But for the past 2 months now we have received an invoice in the mail from them of more than R5000 for soap.

I phoned them and asked to speak with the manager and he told me he would get back to me but since them I have never heard from them again.

Bizkit87

Executive Member
STAY FAR AWAY!!!!

They came to our company delivering a 25Lt container of soap. I told the courier guy to go away we did not order the soap and I phoned Haltrex systems and told them the same thing!

But for the past 2 months now we have received an invoice in the mail from them of more than R5000 for soap.

I phoned them and asked to speak with the manager and he told me he would get back to me but since them I have never heard from them again.

Good luck with that:

http://www.hellopeter.com/comp_comment.php?company=Haltrex+systems

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Email I sent to the manager:

tony@haltrex.co.za

Good day Tony

I have received a box of cartridges from your company that I did not order. My original order was delivered in full.

Please send a courier to pick us these cartridges immediately. I specifically told your sales rep Faith not to send any further cartridges and that I will order more when we require them and thereafter still received these cartridges in the post.

Out of interest I Googled your company name and to my surprise found that our company is not the only victim of your ambush marketing tactics.

I strongly suggest that you reconsider your marketing tactics, as our company will never ever be buying anything from you again because our business relationship has been irreparable damaged already.

I look forward to your response as well as the arrival of your courier to pick your cartridges (unless your are running a charity organisation are giving away these cartridges for free). Please don't try and pull any legal BS on me - I submitted only one order which was fulfilled so there are no back orders outstanding.

Regards

CeeBee

Expert Member
oh sorry dude! My condolences to u for (also) getting involved with these guys.
They are now gonna be stuck on u like sh it on a fleece blanket :D
They'll probly tell u they will close ur account and neeeeeever again send u anything, after the 'final' cartridges are paid for.
Then, in a few months time, somebody else will contact u with the same BS story. (exact wording, like they have a standard form they read it off)
They turn the 'small entry pack' order into the equivalent of a Wimpy bottemless coffee :)
They are a bunch of skelms running a scam.
I've contacted the dept of trade & industry about these crim's unethical biznis practices.
Consumers need to be protected against these azzholes.
Everybody who's been scammed by them should contact the DTI and ASA about them to make a stronger case. Companies like these should be shut down.
These bastards are quite clever in that they refuse to put anything in print, but the fact that everybody who's been scammed by them has exactly the same tale of woe should count for something.

Last edited:

CeeBee

Expert Member
generally the driver / post office collector collects & signs for it at the PO
he doesnt know its from Haltrex
only when it gets to the office and the 'post opener'-person opens it, do you see the prize u've won :)

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Surely you must sign for it somewhere?

Nope.

When the courier came to our office, I told him to bugger off we did not order anything.

And we still got an invoice from them.

I hope Carte Blanche will do a story on these guys.

CeeBee

Expert Member
jip, the invoice doesnt come with the goods, it comes afterwards, whether u accepted the goods or not.
janee, they give all the other 'ethical' companies in the industry a rotten name.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I don't get it - if you haven't signed for it - toss it - they have no proof it was delivered.

warwickw

Expert Member
The issue is that you get a random parcel in the post, Post Office just notify you to collect they don't say who its from. I'm sure this scammer relies on the fact that most company's receive regularly parcels and hence am expecting that they just send someone to collect from the post office.

I'm sure though in law you would be protected, as company's can't just send you goods and say well you signed for it therefore you must pay.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yeh, I'd just take it back to the post office the next time I go there, and label it return to sender.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Wonder if its possible to log a case of corporate harassment with the police then?