Project offer: Converting Perfex to a SaaS

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Hi guys

A colleague is looking for the below. I know the specifications are rough to almost non existent, but you will get the general idea.
Any guidance, thoughts/input are welcome.

Please let me know what is possible etc.
@Thor
Thank you!
I need to convert Perfex CRM into a SaaS. Perfex is Open Source.

Please bid only if you have prior experience with SaaS and Perfex customization. Please let me know what's possible/not possible.

The following should be included:

1. Single Code-based. Multi-Tenant Databases.
2. Security to isolate files from other Saas Users / Complete isolation for each Saas client. Media folder etc.
3. Customization should allow Perfex CRM auto-update without the SaaS being overwritten. Modular system?

So, the objective in this project is:

1. Convert / turning Perfex CRM into multi owner / multi-tenant / SaaS
2. Create a registration and package selection system for that owner/tenant, with the ability to pay for the package and upgrade and downgrade if need be.
3. Create a super-admin / admin role that can perform CRUD operations

A breakdown of some of these for the saas solution and changes to Perfex are as follows:

Definition:

Super Admin/Saas Owner - The owner that signs up individual Saas Clients for the solution and is the Super Admin of the whole system
Saas Client Admin - The Client of the Saas Solution

General

1. Saas Client Sign-up screen to sign in and select package type and payments
2. Design the sign-up screen - will send the layout

Saas Super Admin

1. Needs abilities to add Saas Clients, disable Saas Clients, change Saas Clients packages, add and remove modules that the Saas Clients have access to, Saas Clients, create a knowledge base for all SAAS Clients, etc.
2. Multiple Payment Gateway Integration.

Look at converting this into a PWA.
Please reply with an estimated cost and time duration.

Thanks.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Retracting my previous statement. Will be very expensive.
Why all the effort ?

Skankhunt

Expert Member
He wants to sell the service to the public.
Ballpark figure?

Do you have a cheaper solution?

Yeah it's gonna be steep to get a developer to rip that thing apart and customise it into a full on multi-tenant sass app. Probably looking 5 figures minimum.

Assuming he's bootstrapping it:
You probably want to minimise your upfront costs.. here's how I would do it --

Considering it's open source and can probably self host the software (I don't know, haven't googled Perfex yet but most MIT licensed software allows it), a cheaper, not as automated, bootstrapped hackish way to see if the business sells, before investing too much up front:

Have nice simple website with sign up and subscription, then spin up servers + install Perfex on server on a per-customer basis and provide support.
Sure a lot of manual work at first, you'd rather do that than spending 400k developing this full on automated system just to have no customers.

Once you have more customers than you can handle, which is a good thing, only then you look at automating some of the steps.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Yeah it's gonna be steep to get a developer to rip that thing apart and customise it into a full on multi-tenant sass app. Probably looking 5 figures minimum.

Assuming he's bootstrapping it:
You probably want to minimise your upfront costs.. here's how I would do it --

Considering it's open source and can probably self host the software (I don't know, haven't googled Perfex yet but most MIT licensed software allows it), a cheaper, not as automated, bootstrapped hackish way to see if the business sells, before investing too much up front:

Have nice simple website with sign up and subscription, then spin up servers + install Perfex on server on a per-customer basis and provide support.
Sure a lot of manual work at first, you'd rather do that than spending 400k developing this full on automated system just to have no customers.

Once you have more customers than you can handle, which is a good thing, only then you look at automating some of the steps.

TBH, I told him the exact same thing.
Thanks!