Pure DSL

RickyTicky

I placed an order on the 18 June for Pure DSL. In client zone it shows the package status as "pending order". Pending order from who? I live in Onrus River (near Hermanus) on the coast in Western Cape, so I assumed that Openserve would be able to do the installation fairly quickly! No fibre down here yet!
Can anybody tell me what the next step is!
This is for Afrihost Pure DSL.

Last edited:

SoundRSA

Dealer
Pending on Afrihost and Openserve to come out and install.

It takes long. I placed my order on 13 June and still haven't heard anything back.

shahedgh

I would like to share my experience with Afrihost Pure DSL , biggest mistake i made. I placed an order for a 20mb line 2weeks ago, before doing so i checked if my exchange was provisioned for that, it had to be as my existing line is 20mb, lucky i didn't cancel and currently still have it active at a downgraded speed of 2mb as backup if anything goes wrong, Afrihost website even confirmed 20mb availability, accordingly placed my order. Few days after the order was placed, Openserve arrived and installed my new DSL line, when i was eventually activated by Afrihost, this after me calling them, it was identified my line is 10mb when i did a speedtest, i raised my concerns, to date i have no feedback from Afrihost nor a resolution, despite my numerous support tickets and calls, received an invoice for payment for a 20mb line :) again insisting i pay for a 20mb service which i am not receiving, Totally disappointing , would not use them , have downgraded the line now to 10mb and will be cancelling the service soon and considering cancelling my LTE service with them as well. Stay clear

Operator

Waiting period for Telkom/Openserve to receive action an a ticket/order is over 3 weeks in Hermanus area.
This is unfortunately not good enough when one needs an internet connection to earn a living

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Waiting period for Telkom/Openserve to receive action an a ticket/order is over 3 weeks in Hermanus area.
This is unfortunately not good enough when one needs an internet connection to earn a living
Did you place an order with us? If so drop me your clientzone email or Afrihost account number let me see what is going on. :)

ab-user

Feel for Afri* (Wild carding as I might skip one... @AfriFella @AfriGuy @Afrihost-Gian @AfriNatic @cavedog ...?), with them being exposed to the client side of Openserve's dismal service delivery...

That said, I'm still waiting for a call from Openserve to install/configure my Naked ADSL line, which was requested on 12 Jun

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Feel for Afri* (Wild carding as I might skip one... @AfriFella @AfriGuy @Afrihost-Gian @AfriNatic @cavedog ...?), with them being exposed to the client side of Openserve's dismal service delivery...

That said, I'm still waiting for a call from Openserve to install/configure my Naked ADSL line, which was requested on 12 Jun
Hi,

So I have been tracking your order all this time. I will escalate to Openserve to see if we can get this install completed.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Please drop me a pm so I can send you an update once I get a response from Openserve ;)

MoozlyBelle

Do you perhaps know what the expected waiting time is for an order in the Parklands (Cape Town) area?

I placed an order on the 7th of June and I have received no feedback or updates as yet.

My order is through Vox and they just say they can't do anything because they have to wait for OpenServe...