Question about the Democratic Alliance

Isn't it more a case of the ID party refusing to make an alliance with the DA - this could have been interpreted as siding with the ANC.

ID = Independent and all?
 
Angelo said:
According to the majority of South Africans such a party already exists.

So you can speak for every ANC voter out there can you? You pretend to know their motivations... or just in the way that suits your agenda at this time.
 
icyrus said:
Angelo said:
According to the majority of South Africans such a party already exists.
So you can speak for every ANC voter out there can you? You pretend to know their motivations... or just in the way that suits your agenda at this time.

I am the thorax. I am part of the bees :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
icyrus said:
So you can speak for every ANC voter out there can you? You pretend to know their motivations... or just in the way that suits your agenda at this time.

Um, no. But if you check the election results for the last couple of elections, I think you'll find that they confirm that the majority of south Africans have found a party that suits them.
 
icyrus said:
So you can speak for every ANC voter out there can you? You pretend to know their motivations... or just in the way that suits your agenda at this time.
Absolutely not, but the voters seem to agree with me if you can look at the election results.
 
Angelo said:
Absolutely not, but the voters seem to agree with me if you can look at the election results.

The election results show that a majority of voters vote for the ANC. It doesn't show anything about why they vote for the ANC. For all we know it could be because ANC goons go around threatening people if they don't vote ANC just like bob's crew does. But thats assuming... like what you were doing.
 
the ANC garners an emotive vote due to the past of this country - not because they are a better party. This has been covered at length before on this forum. Emotive voting is the reason why Mugabe is still in power.
 
kingmonty said:
the ANC garners an emotive vote due to the past of this country - not because they are a better party. This has been covered at length before on this forum.

Just because a majority of people here believe this, doesn't make it so.
 
chiskop said:
Just because a majority of people here believe this, doesn't make it so.

So you know the truth of the matter then? Care to inform us?
 
99% of all voting is emotive, look at GW Bush campaigning against gay marriage, or Spain after the train bombings, Zimbabwe elections were as crooked as they come, filled with intimidation and propoganda, what about Tony Leon campaigning for the death penalty on TV? What kind of joke is that? Like he has any power to make that happen - it's politics.

The people in these forums are the minority, we have internet access which puts us in the LSM 6 (I think) and we don't represent the majority of SA. I don't think we should presume to know why someone votes a certain way.
 
icyrus said:
So you know the truth of the matter then? Care to inform us?

No. I only know the truth of why I vote for who I vote for. I am not offering any assumptions about why anybody votes the way they do. I do think that it is facile to dismiss >60% of the votes cast in most recent elections as "emotive votes".
 
chiskop said:
No. I only know the truth of why I vote for who I vote for. I am not offering any assumptions about why anybody votes the way they do. I do think that it is facile to dismiss >60% of the votes cast in most recent elections as "emotive votes".

Why?
 
Angelo said:
What an ultimatum, no I'm not.
Being a member of a Party is not the same as actually voting for them? :)
There is a difference. See Note Below.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I am curious myself.

Are you on the voters role and which party do you vote for?

To reciprocate.
I am on the voters role and I voted for Helen Zille in the last Local Election.

Note: In the last Local Election De Lille when asked by callers to Cape Talk why she supported Imperfekto for Mayor, became defensive and lashed out at the callers asking them if they were members of the ID etc.
 
BTTB said:
Being a member of a Party is not the same as actually voting for them? :)
There is a difference. See Note Below.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I am curious myself.

Are you on the voters role and which party do you vote for?

To reciprocate.
I am on the voters role and I voted for Helen Zille in the last Local Election.

Note: In the last Local Election De Lille when asked by callers to Cape Talk why she supported Imperfekto for Mayor, became defensive and lashed out at the callers asking them if they were members of the ID etc.
I'm on the voters roll but whether I voted for Azapo, Afrikaaner Asksie or whatever is confidential I believe. :)
 
Angelo said:
I'm on the voters roll but whether I voted for Azapo, Afrikaaner Asksie or whatever is confidential I believe. :)
Private. :)

Sure, no problem. :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X