Question about upcoming Fallout 3 GOTY

DarKWateR

Expert Member
As we all know the Fallout 3 GOTY edition will be bombing our wasteland in October. I'm just wondering exactly how this is going to work.

Let's say for example the Xbox 360 version. Does the GOTY include

a.) The game and all 5 expansion packs on 1 disc (can't see how it would fit).

or

b.) Codes inside the manual/cover that allows you to download it (which would suck since not everyone has live/internet).

or

c.) The expansion packs are compressed installers on the disc which unzips :p to the HDD (which would also suck for arcade owners).

/me confused now :confused:

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Hmmm, now that you mention it ....... maybe it'll be multiple discs that you have to install to the HDD. Otherwise, how will the game be kept fluid.

Solidus

Expert Member
Hmmm, now that you mention it ....... maybe it'll be multiple discs that you have to install to the HDD. Otherwise, how will the game be kept fluid.

What about the arcade user?
I think its multiple discs you'll have to switch in order to use it.
The DLC already retails on a disc so I suspect the disc to be added to the regular edition.

Maybe its like Star Ocean IV where disc swapping takes place between worlds and backtracking

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
It would be interesting to see how much space the game takes up now ...... for all we know, the DLC will have the space to just be added and it'll still be one disc.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
What about the arcade user?
I think its multiple discs you'll have to switch in order to use it.
The DLC already retails on a disc so I suspect the disc to be added to the regular edition.

Maybe its like Star Ocean IV where disc swapping takes place between worlds and backtracking

Arcade user is excluded from normal DLC anyway, so it's a moot point. Would help if someone knew what they did with the Oblivion GOTY - I'd assume the same approach?

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Arcade user is excluded from normal DLC anyway, so it's a moot point. Would help if someone knew what they did with the Oblivion GOTY - I'd assume the same approach?

Seems like Disc 1 - Core Game (with DLC enhancements such as level cap) - Disc 2 - DLC content.