Quiet drop in SA iPhone trade-in values

whatwhat

Executive Member
My voucher says R5000, and the terms say that whatever value on the voucher is shown will be paid.

This is just affecting new sign ups I would assume?

iWish

I believe we will get face value of voucher depending on when you applied for the voucher.

thewusman

Expert Member
My voucher says R5000, and the terms say that whatever value on the voucher is shown will be paid.

This is just affecting new sign ups I would assume?
Also would like to know - have a voucher for my iPhone5 that says R4k - got in on the deal early.

Lazy

What happens to the iPhones that are traded in, are they resold in another country, or in another shop or by some other means then?

Jan

Drifting in the black
Updated the article with feedback from Core:

Update: Responding to our queries, a spokesperson for Core Group said that they did encourage people to download the cashback voucher as soon as possible in a recent media alert, as the number of vouchers available at the higher values were limited.

"We have had an incredible response to date with tens of thousands of vouchers downloaded," the media alert stated. "As a result, only a limited number of vouchers [were] still available at the current high lock-in values."

HBee

Expert Member
Separating iPhone users from their money has been a trademark of apple, and indeed everybody involved (developers, accessory creators, content providers, etc...), so why can Core not also get in on the milking.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Seems people forget how Core fscked up the TomTom service in SA. But in this case they have an strong brand that will survive their questionable tactics.

Tim_vb

There a lot of complaining here about Core but none of the other distributors in SA are giving cash for their old phone. Getting R4/5k back, hassle free, when upgrading is still far better then getting nothing!

Bosvark@

Expert Member
How come they allowed to be the sole legal supplier of Apple in SA? Total price makers and control the market.