'Race a proxy for disadvantage' - Maimane

The Free Radical

Redress is a pillar of the DA, and race is a proxy for disadvantage, DA leader Mmusi Maimane said, after the DA's federal council "unanimously" adopted the DA manifesto's position on redress and empowerment – an ideological battleground within the DA.

Addressing the media in Cape Town on Sunday morning, a visibly buoyant Maimane said the DA's Federal Council unanimously adopted the party’s manifesto which will officially be launched on February 23 at the Rand Stadium in Johannesburg.

"At the manifesto’s core is a compelling offer to build one South Africa for all where there’s a job in every home, our communities and streets are safe, our borders are secure, basic services are delivered to all, and corruption is eliminated," Maimane said.

He said the manifesto is clear on the matter of redress and empowerment.
Source: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/race-a-proxy-for-disadvantage-maimane-20190210

The Free Radical

"The DA supports the principle that where there is equal competence, a black South African should get a position." - Mmusi Maimane

Well, there we have it folks.

The new DA's Manifesto has abandoned equal opportunity (liberalism), and now supports discrimination against white people (racism).

Goodbye DA.

Last edited:

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I feel they abandoned R2D2 (the four pillars) a couple of years ago.
Redress, Reconciliation, Diversity, Delivery

Suspect99

Executive Member
"The DA supports the principle that where there is equal competence, a black South African should get a position." - Mmusi Maimane

Well, there we have it folks.

The DA's Manifesto now supports discrimination and inequality.

Good bye DA.
What's wrong with this? I thought the argument against BEE was that incompetent people are appointed at the expense of competent people

Sinbad

Honorary Master
The equal competence thing is key.

That doesn't close off applications like the current EE only /AA only adverts.

thechamp

Honorary Master
What's wrong with this? I thought the argument against BEE was that incompetent people are appointed at the expense of competent people
When you find out that things are not always what they seem to be.

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
At which point does this behaviour stop? At which point does a white person stop being last in line for a job? How are you defining competence, because that surely doesn't take individual talent into account...?

access

Executive Member
just more racism, populist rhetoric.

this guy is making it difficult to continue supporting them.

apparently the race wage gap is has increased in america since they implemented race based law in the work place.

friction involves force. stop forcing things.

3WA

Executive Member
Race is a lousy proxy for disadvantage. There's many better proxies. The only reason race works well is that the people discriminated against don't try to get themselves reclassified into a preferred group.

The Free Radical

So then Mr Maimane, when are you going to replace all your white appointees taking up seats on the National Assembly, NCOP, Provincial Legislatures, Metros and Municipalities based on this new policy?

Launch and lead your new Manifesto by example.
Do it now, or you are false advertising your policies.

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
This is exactly why the DA can take my vote and shove it.

According to comrade Maimane, the hellspawn of Jacob Zuma are disadvantaged because they are black, but the growing amount of white beggars that I drive past every day are privileged because they are white.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
This is exactly why the DA can take my vote and shove it.

According to comrade Maimane, the hellspawn of Jacob Zuma are disadvantaged because they are black, but the growing amount of white beggars that I drive past every day are privileged because they are white.
Do be fair, the white beggars I see appear to be mostly tikkoppe and alkies.

jack_spratt

Expert Member
"Race a proxy for disadvantage"

Would the word proxy, in this context, mean the following:
the authority to represent someone else