'Race a proxy for disadvantage' - Maimane

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
I think they were already going to lose some votes anyway, this however won't result in anything significant as far as votes or funders are concerned. Just to assume that white business by the mere fact of being white are so against any form of AA or BEE is also a problem.
Get woke, go broke.

R13...

Honorary Master
Didn't he say exactly the same thing a few months or years ago? Or do I just have a false sense of déjà vu?

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
Identity politics at work unfortunately. Play the race card in any format, lose my respect as it shows you can't come up with any solutions except those that further divide a nation.
I think Martin Luther Maimane is gunning now for the ANC fallout. He wants the ANC votes.. so he is taking note of ANC rhetoric and preaching it now to get them!

R13...

Honorary Master
The DA’s federal council has decided to ditch black economic empowerment, claiming the policy is simply “just not working.”

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/das-highest-decision-making-body-ditches-bee-saying-the-policy-is-not-sustainable-20180804
Which led to this,

“The DA position of BBBEE is clear. We believe that race remains a proxy for the previously disadvantaged in South Africa today. We support -fully- the intent and spirit of BEE,” said Selfe via text.
https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/bee-policy-da-federal-chairperson-disputes-claims-by-head-of-policy-20180804
Which is exactly what Mmusi is saying now?

Hellhound105

Expert Member
LoL - No No, the majority of the guys said vote DA. Don`t change now. This was always the argument. Now suddenly we should not vote DA.

My argument has always stayed the same. I am not wasting my time and energy on this "I like this party, I`ma vote for them", "This party gave me KFC, I`ma vote for them".

Any party that goes in will still steal our money in the form of TAX.

Maybe one day I will vote. When a party tells me no TAX on overtime. No child grants, no free housing. Ministers are paid to much.

Suspect99

Executive Member
At which point does this behaviour stop? At which point does a white person stop being last in line for a job? How are you defining competence, because that surely doesn't take individual talent into account...?
You won't be last in line with this policy. Just be better than the other candidates then you'll get the job.

DreamKing

Executive Member
"The DA supports the principle that where there is equal competence, a black South African should get a position." - Mmusi Maimane

Well, there we have it folks.

The new DA's Manifesto has abandoned equal opportunity (liberalism), and now supports discrimination against white people (racism).

Goodbye DA.

To be fair,I don't think he said he supports discrimination against whites.