Radeon 4850

killadoob

Honorary Master
no dude intel with ati

dont buy amd because they own ati

intel have the fastest cpu's out at the moment

Glordit

Expert Member
ASIC: RV7000, 512MB Memory, GDDR3 Memory Configuration, 256-bit Memory Interface, Display Formats:x2 Dual Link DVI + HDTV-out with built-in HDMI, PCI Express 2.0 support, 480 Stream Processing units, Direct X 10.1 / Shader Model 4.1,OpenGL 2.0, ATI Crossfire X Multi-GPU Support for highly scalable performance (Up to four GPU support with an AMD 790FX based motherboard), High-speed 128-bit-HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering, 55nm process technology, ATI Avivo HD Video and Display Technology, Game Physics processing capability, Up to 24X Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing, Unified Video Decoder (UVD) for Blu-ray and HD DVD, ATI PowerPlay energy conserving technology.

Holy Smokes :eek:

SlyFly

Expert Member
lol

I'm just saying at the moment the best bet would be to buy Intel CPU with an ATI GPU... If you look at the prices for the new NVIDIA cards and those cards still dont have DX 10.1 support?

Ofcourse we'll have to see if the ATI cards beat the cards in the same price range as NVIDIA... Otherwise they might still be the better option even though the cards are much older...

Glordit

Expert Member
Don't think DX10.1 is important right now, they still have to get DX10 working properly ;)

killadoob

Honorary Master
doubt we will see dx10.1

more than likely move straight into dx11

i think ati are playing the marketing gimmick game if you ask me

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
Holy Smokes :eek:

What do you mean?

You know that is an inncorrect spec, they should be launching with 800SP unless those 480 SP's are clocked far higher than expected. There's been a whole "scandal" about ATI planting fake info using 480SP's when they plan to have 800.

Glordit

Expert Member
And that is what DX10.1 would help to do.. it's not really any new features just a few small additions or fixes.

Oooh! I see, so 10.1 is supposed to fix the problems with 10, still wonder why Ubisoft removed it from Assassins creed :(

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
Oooh! I see, so 10.1 is supposed to fix the problems with 10, still wonder why Ubisoft removed it from Assassins creed :(

I don't know how many problems it will really fix, except for a nice boost in doing AA. But it's not something Nvidia need to avoid because they are trying to get DX10 working.

And Nvidia paid them to, that's why! :p Apparently their implementation of DX10.1 was just broken, they hadn't really got it right for what they wanted. It worked for improving performance with AA on the ATI cards though.

kaaskop

Expert Member
Hopefully ATI sorted their probs with AA on the 48xx range of cards. Mmm 2x 4850's in crossfire.........

scotty777

...doesn't know
wow, those new ATI cards seem to be the ONLY decent cards that are gonna be released... I mean, at around the $199 marks, thats about 2k-2.5k here is SA and they got nice performance. Lets just hope they release decent drivers and such.

-Uriziel-

What do you mean?

You know that is an inncorrect spec, they should be launching with 800SP unless those 480 SP's are clocked far higher than expected. There's been a whole "scandal" about ATI planting fake info using 480SP's when they plan to have 800.

Nvidia is going to feel this one deeeeep & haaaard... BLOODY HARD :)

cyberarmy

Expert Member
Nvidia going to decrease the price for 8800GT (G92) more to compete with 4850.